Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 

Of course we all have our own opinions.  Nevertheless, it isn't Disney that decides which kids come to the park .... it's the parents that make that decision. 

But @Tinkrbl44, with that logic, we would never close anything down and just rely on people making a decision as to whether they should go to a bar or a restaurant or a gathering.

In a perfect world with perfect people, maybe that would work. We are anything but that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I was just thinking with the "parents making the decisions" there will be plenty of children kept out of school here in SC. 

Many parents have asked for virtual learning as our state is a major hotspot. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

And of course what you mentioned is a no brainer in my personal opinion and the parents would have been mentioned in my second sentence of my post if had decided to go there.

Frequent Contributor

My understanding is that the majority of cases in Florida are in the southern part of the state, Miami, not the central part of the state, Orlando. All of the theme parks are open in Florida, but why is it that everyone only blames Disney?

Respected Contributor

Re: Disney, what the??

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover 

The WSJ article states that amusement park riders won't be punished for screaming.

Whew! What a relief! 😏 

Memo to WSJ: I can assure you that most Americans would not tolerate being punished for screaming on an amusement park ride.

We're not all .... yet.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@maximillion wrote:

My understanding is that the majority of cases in Florida are in the southern part of the state, Miami, not the central part of the state, Orlando. All of the theme parks are open in Florida, but why is it that everyone only blames Disney?

@maximillion 

It depends what you mean by “majority” of cases... I’m in Central Florida and we are seeing hundreds of new cases every single day. Hospitalizations are up. Deaths are up. 

Disney is probably getting more attention because their opening seems to be more publicized. I don’t think any of the parks are been open long enough to be “blamed” for anything. Time will tell if they can open safely. I think the only one that might have a pretty safe opening is Disney. If Disney can’t do a safe opening no one can and we should all just stay home. 

Honored Contributor

My first cousin informed me tonight that he and his wife postponed their Disney World trip until September 2021.  I had written on this thread on 7/10 that they were going.

He's a staunch you-know-what, and so I am happy he thought twice about the trip.  I was worried.

Honored Contributor
Disney is definitely no longer the happiest place on earth if you are wearing a mask in that heat and humidity...how do you eat your Mickey Mouse ice cream bar or your Dole whip? Not worth the trip!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I read last night that in Spain they are finding the virus is also causing neurological problems. These are in patients who have been battling the virus for weeks....and now they are concerned the virus can penetrate the brain and cause symptoms such as loss of smell or taste, insomnia, and even psychosis. I just want to stay the heck inside my house and stay safe now more than ever!