Honored Contributor

Re: Dish Network Customer Service?

WOW!..i also haveDish Network  but didn't know it had been hackedSmiley Sad

My favorite channels are still ok....

No wonder i did NOT get notified   in a email by  that lasts months payment was recieved....hmmm. i need to check my bank statement to make sure it was paid on Feb.24th...

ok..checked and it was paid on 02/27/23

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Marybella 

Thank you very much.🤗.for asking about Dish Network...

otherwise i wouldn't have known.....

there wasn't anything on the Yahoo News page that i know of...and nothing in my so called local newspaper about it!😡

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Marybella 

Thank you very much.🤗.for asking about Dish Network...

otherwise i wouldn't have known.....

there wasn't anything on the Yahoo News page that i know of...and nothing in my so called local newspaper about it!😡

@cowboy sam You are welcome! I figured someone here would know all about it! 

Valued Contributor

I just changed my password as our information was compromised. Shame on Dish for not notifying us of this right away!

Respected Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

I just changed my password as our information was compromised. Shame on Dish for not notifying us of this right away!

They probably are not able to access customer accounts, so notifying individual customers at this point would not be possible. Our news outlets have not covered the story. I stumbled into the problem yesterday when I wanted to check their channel lineup. It sounds like a sophisticated ransom attack.

Valued Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

They probably are not able to access customer accounts, so notifying individual customers at this point would not be possible. Our news outlets have not covered the story. I stumbled into the problem yesterday when I wanted to check their channel lineup. It sounds like a sophisticated ransom attack.

@On It According to Malwarebytes :

At this point, DISH still can’t confirm whether or not personal data has been compromised. A statement given to The Record states that customers will be contacted if this turns out to be the case.

I'm not waiting to hear if my information may have been compromised. Hackers are smarter than I am, so, I'm just going to assume they have my information.

Respected Contributor

@Marybella I think you are doing the smart thing. Being proactive seems like a wise choice.

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

@Marybella 

If their system is still down, how did you get access to change your password?

Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

@Marybella 

@geezerette  I changed my bank account password, as my Dish bill was on automatic payment each month.

Honored Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

@Marybella 

@geezerette  I changed my bank account password, as my Dish bill was on automatic payment each month.

@Marybella 

👍