Valued Contributor

Very interesting if you have directv

DirectTV resolution may go down to 480 for all channels.Check your DVRs. This also affected the whole house non recording DVR

My DVR kept going to 480 for all channels. Go into settings then video then resolution and make sure you have all that you had set before. Mine are set at 480, 720, 1080i and 1080p then exit the menu but I notice only 480p is seleced in the video resolution menu and will convert all channels including HD channels. Then go to a channel that has HD in the channel guide and HD in the show that is playing now. Then click info and move it to video/audio and hit select to get the receiver to show 1080i original format or whatever you prefer from pillar, stretch or whatever the other one is as long as it says 1080i. Because your paying for it. 1080p is for paid programming and I believe paid sports. And make sure that both 720p and 1080i are lit up on your receiver. If your receiver is different then check other ways.

Super Contributor

Re: Directv DVR TV resolution

Thank you so much for posting about this!  I had noticed that one television always showed 480 and I had no idea why or how to correct it.  Followed you directions and now I have a much better picture!  Thank you again!

Valued Contributor

Re: Directv DVR TV resolution

@Deb665 wrote:

Thank you so much for posting about this!  I had noticed that one television always showed 480 and I had no idea why or how to correct it.  Followed you directions and now I have a much better picture!  Thank you again!

You're welcome !!  Same thing happened to me and fortunately I saw this post on Facebook.