Honored Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't understand why people who are still working are getting these payments.

@Lipstickdiva  Seriously? So, you don't think essential workers should be entitled to the stimulus money? Wow. I heard they were talking about giving a separate stimulus/bonus check to those who ARE working and have continued to work to keep the U.S. going thru this COVID-19 pandemic!! I pray it goes through, b/c ALL of our essential employees DESERVE it! 

I'm not sure how anyone could/would be against that. Sorry. 

@BrandiDavis, if they want to give real essential workers a bonus, I'd be all for that.  I would disagree with what some states consider essential employees, including my own state.  I am still working full-time because my office is considered essential.  In fact in Ohio, you'd be hard pressed to find a business that isn't considered essential.  

My DH is also still getting paid for full-time employment but his job is more essential than mine is.  Because we are both still working full-time, we don't need stimulus money.  

The people who need this money are those whose hours have been slashed or those who have been laid off.  I realize there really is no way to get the funds to those who truly need it the most.  That process would be too cumbersome and it would be too long for people to get the money.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

@BrandiDavis 

His money came .....  and went ....  whoosh!    LOL