Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 305
Registered: ‎12-28-2014

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

Help please.. lol I'm trying to read everything a d unders6the CARES act I'm receiving unemployment due to the virus. If I'm reading it correctly it's addition to your benefits weekly $600.00. Until end July anyone know when they start? Everything is set upfor me direct deposit through the IRS permy refund etc. And my unemployment benefits just wondering and trying to figure out what Ineed to do, hoops to jump through etc. This would make a world of difference for me. I haven't received my stimulus check yet.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,331
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

A good investment in our infrastructure to pay it forward with a tiny portion of your stimulus:

 

Buy Forever Stamps from the Stamps or USPS website and help save the Post Office we all rely on. Just google Forever Stamps USPS.

 

The Post Office is really in trouble, exacerbated by this virus. But if everyone buys a book or reel of Forever Stamps, we can help keep the Post Office solvent ourselves. Without Postal Service, people in rural areas will be left without access. Buying stamps is an easy way to show your support for our mail carriers.


@Porcelain  Great idea! I buy a lot of stamps...I mail a lot of letters everyday. 


That is great! Woman Very Happy

 

This is also an excellent excuse for me to order some paper catalogs. I thought I was helping by doing more things digitally. But if the opposite is true, let the Frontgate, Ikea, Acorn, LL Bean, Orvis, Hammacher Schlemmer tidal wave commence!

 

Edited to add: I also pre-ordered American Gardens and got some Made of Hearts stamp books.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor
Posts: 566
Registered: ‎07-17-2019

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

@Porcelain  Thank you for this advice. I ordered stamps online thru USPS yesterday.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,716
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

My last name initial is at the beginning of the alphabet.  So, you could be on to something.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,234
Registered: ‎04-20-2013

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

It makes sense for Govs from NJ, NY, Pa etc to work together. Many commute back and forth to NYC
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,732
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now


@Porcelain wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

A good investment in our infrastructure to pay it forward with a tiny portion of your stimulus:

 

Buy Forever Stamps from the Stamps or USPS website and help save the Post Office we all rely on. Just google Forever Stamps USPS.

 

The Post Office is really in trouble, exacerbated by this virus. But if everyone buys a book or reel of Forever Stamps, we can help keep the Post Office solvent ourselves. Without Postal Service, people in rural areas will be left without access. Buying stamps is an easy way to show your support for our mail carriers.


@Porcelain  Great idea! I buy a lot of stamps...I mail a lot of letters everyday. 


That is great! Woman Very Happy

 

This is also an excellent excuse for me to order some paper catalogs. I thought I was helping by doing more things digitally. But if the opposite is true, let the Frontgate, Ikea, Acorn, LL Bean, Orvis, Hammacher Schlemmer tidal wave commence!


@Porcelain   Yes, I get a lot of catalogs and junk mail...fine with me. I recycle what I do not need and the USPS gets the money.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,331
Registered: ‎02-19-2014

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now


@Zaimee wrote:

@Porcelain  Thank you for this advice. I ordered stamps online thru USPS yesterday.


Woman Very HappyStamp sister!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,716
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now


@Westshopper wrote:
Help please.. lol I'm trying to read everything a d unders6the CARES act I'm receiving unemployment due to the virus. If I'm reading it correctly it's addition to your benefits weekly $600.00. Until end July anyone know when they start? Everything is set upfor me direct deposit through the IRS permy refund etc. And my unemployment benefits just wondering and trying to figure out what Ineed to do, hoops to jump through etc. This would make a world of difference for me. I haven't received my stimulus check yet.

It starts the week ending on April 4.  So from April 5 to the end of July.  if you signed up for unemployment, you don't need to do anything. Your money should arrive about a week after you receive your unemployment compensation.

 

If you opted to have the taxes taken from your unemployment payment , your Federal payment of $600 will have taxes taken from it as well.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 566
Registered: ‎07-17-2019

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now

@Carmie 

 My last name is at the end. Always called last! 
Guess I'll be waiting awhile.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,302
Registered: ‎09-22-2010

Re: Direct Deposit Stimulus Starting to Hit Bank Accounts Now


@LipstickDiva wrote:

I don't understand why people who are still working are getting these payments.


I also don't understand why people like me (retired) are getting them.