Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Differences Between Counties.

The county I live in and the couple around us here in PA are still red, stay at home in effect.  We go yellow, some loosening of restrictions, this Friday.

Saturday my daughter and I went to a soft serve ice cream place that also serves burgers, hotdogs etc.  I was very pleasantly surprised everyone had masks (sign posted you needed one to go to the window to order). People stood at least 6 ft. apart. It was busy too.

Sunday DD was going to get a script at CVS in the county south of us. There is a similar business on the way to CVS.  She called and said that  place was packed, not a mask in sight and everyone was gathered in tight groups visiting.  She was going to get a drink but saw the free for all and decided not to.

I certainly hope opening up doesn't cause more cases but if the anything goes county spikes, I don't want to see the locals boo hooing on TV about it.

Open up but use some common sense until you see how things go.  At least don't stand on top of each other.

Respected Contributor

Re: Differences Between Counties.

[ Edited ]

There's a county here in Texas that is quite rural - mostly farmers.  Only 3 cases of Covid-19.   

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Another day, another outrage witnessed.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Here in Wisconsin the governor has termed this phenomenon "the Wild West".     

Esteemed Contributor

It's the roll of the dice........stay home & go nuts & broke  OR take your chances to live life.  I certainly don't have the answer; but it is impossible to keep  people 6 feet away from your elbows.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  I'm staying home and I'm not broke yet.  I fear there are those who believe I was "nuts" way before COVID arrived.

Respected Contributor

I read an article that suggested that these rural or outlying towns with zero or very few cases have had hardly anyone tested, so who knows if that's true. I wouldn't believe it unless everyone took a test.  We will never know the true numbers unless every citizen got  tested and that will never happen.

I live in a red zone, still locked down.  People in the grocery store come right up to you, some even brush against you.  They don't social distance in the slightest. But they are all wearing masks at least.  

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@fthunt  I'm staying home and I'm not broke yet.  I fear there are those who believe I was "nuts" way before COVID arrived.

This is the problem you're not broke so no worries about those who are. I'm not broke either but all around me daily I see many people losing their jobs and businesses. It's hard to see. You can certainly understand how people are suffering and will continue to long after this. I don't have the virus and haven't lost anyone to it but I certainly feel for those who have. 

Esteemed Contributor

The county south of us was one of the last counties to get a case. In fact, the local news talked to people there and they outright asked people to stay away from their town.

The next day or so they got their first case. They didn't have a lot of cases, primarily due to stay at home and distancing.

There is plenty of room in that business parking lot to keep your distance.

Yes, open up, but error on the side of caution, what's the harm.

BTW, I'm not outraged. Just amazed at the difference in areas where I live.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

This is the problem you're not broke so no worries about those who are. I'm not broke either but all around me daily I see many people losing their jobs and businesses. It's hard to see. You can certainly understand how people are suffering and will continue to long after this. I don't have the virus and haven't lost anyone to it but I certainly feel for those who have. 

I regret that my post exposed my "problem".  I didn't mean to come across as insensitive to those who are "broke".