Super Contributor

Re: Did you have View Masters as a kid?

My son carried his everywhere, called them his tapes. He got many hours of entertainment out of it.

Trusted Contributor

I had a View Master when I was a kid, in the stone ages, lol.  And, my daughter had one back in the late 80's.  We still have hers, and my grandson loves it!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Regular Contributor

Yes I did. My favorite reels were the Partridge Family ones.

Respected Contributor

Same here. We had one that I shared with my three brothers. For Christmas Santa would bring a few new discs with different themes. Loved that thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, we had a Viewmaster, plus we also had a Viewmaster projector with long slides, that was like a battery operated movie projector for kids.   We had cartoon slides; Flintstone, Huckleberry Hound, etc., and we went thru batteries far to often to suit our parents.   

My daughters still have their Little Golden Books, and most of their favorite toys.   

Honored Contributor

I loved my view master and looking at all the photos. I also had dolls and board games. I finally gave all my toys away except one. I still have my Josie Western girl doll and her horse. She is displayed in my curio cabinet. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I had a view master and enjoyed it very much. 

Respected Contributor

Yes we had one for the family and we had to share. We looked forward to getting more of them.