Regular Contributor

Did I miss an update from QVC Re: Virus?

I have heard from every retailer and company I do business with, but I have not seen anything from QVC about what they are doing to address the virus pandemic.  It has been espeicailly hard for us germaphobes to accept deliveries of our packages.  It would be nice to have the Q address the sanitaizing precautions they are taking for their employees and customers.  I don't need to be lecutred on-air, but an email would be warranted.

I don't do facebook, so maybe missed it?   If so, I am glad they reached out to some.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did I miss an update from QVC Re: Virus?

I got an email.

Respected Contributor

Macys and Bloomingdles just announced they are closing all stores through the end of the month.  I fear that we are heading into a deep and very long recession that could last for years.  Truly a frightening time right now. 

Honored Contributor

I got one on March 14.  Check your email.  Maybe it's in your promotional file.

Valued Contributor

The best thing you can do after opening packages is wash your hands immediately afterwards.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I will go check.

Honored Contributor

Many emails I've gotten are with us in spirit but don't outline specific steps they are taking.  What can companies that ship stuff actually do, really?  

Honored Contributor

What you could do is follow the protocol of other places you order from.  

Simple.  Wash your hands.

I've always used a specific pocket knife to open any packages or my garden shears for envelopes and always washed my hands after handling the boxes and usually wear a pair of rubber gloves I keep in the garage.

All boxes look like they've been on a dirty conveyor belt and I have no desire to touch that.  And I've seen shoe footprints on envelopes before.

I even open envelopes other than most business mail upside down---not the top where someone has licked.

I've always been this way.  Fanatical maybe.  But most of what we're being told to do now, I've been doing.  Of course, standing 6 feet away from people is different than what I'm used to doing.

For piece of mind, let the boxes sit for two weeks before you open them.  Protect yourself if you feel the necessity (gloves, wiping your cutting instrument) and washing your hands real well after opening.

Honored Contributor

qvc coronavirus.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I fear for the warehouse employees who are working in close quaters and arent treated with the same kid gloves that the hosts get.