Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Get a Special Numer to Call.........

[ Edited ]

I think it's great for companies to offer benefits for those who are frequent shoppers.    For a long time I've seen posters on the Community question QVC's reluctance to do so.    I'm glad, after so long, something is being done to reward them.👍    The problem I see with these "special" phone numbers is that it seems to be happening quietly, sort of behind the scenes, only known if the individual customers happen to mention it.    Not only does that method cause people to be suspicious, and rightly so since there are so many scams and hoaxes in our world, it also doesn't utilize publicity to encourage everyone to take a look at QVC.    Other companies publicize the perks offered to those who are regular shoppers -- taking the opposite rounte and offering a benefit that's hidden and secretive isn't likely to encourage people to shop more when they don't even know it's available.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I know two people who received the ¨Special Number¨" They have never ordered by computer only by phone. It seems as if it makes ordering by phone for those who do, a lot easier.

Esteemed Contributor

No, but I don't know when I have called in an order. I always place my orders online, unless I have a question about something.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So, I received a recorded message from QVC maybe Thursday telling me "because I'm such a great (?) QVC Customer, they were giving me a special number to call when ordering or if I have a problem.  It said that phone number would 'allow' me to jump ahead of the line of people waiting on the phone to order.

Everything I order, I use automated line.  Unless if I'm sending things to someone other than myself, I never speak to a person.

I was wondering if other's here received that 'special phone number'?

I know I've been asked if I ever got the letter telling me I couldn't order because I'd sent back so many things (the answer is no).

I guess the amount of 'stuff' I order outweighs the amount of 'things' I've sent back?  I don't know.

Who else got the call about this 'special number'.  I think that's what they called it.

I think you should call the order number on tv and then ask for customer service and verify through them that this phone call is legitimately from QVC and not a scam. 

QVC Customer Care

@Mindy D 

This is a legitmate program and phone number that we are currently running.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo  All my contact with QVC has been legitimate and secure. I can only speak from my own experience.

As far as these Forums, I'm a newer poster and don't have a clue what has happened in the past. Thanks for your kind words to fill in the blanks. I simply didn't know.

I do, however, check my credit card frequently and have never had any unauthorized use from QVC or anyone else (to be on the safe side). The moderators and all CSR's do have access to all of my personal information, which I thought everyone had given them. I'm still comfortable with that decision. My credit card company will send me an email if they have doubts; they know how I charge things through the Q.   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@sidsmom  If I was worried about being scammed, would I be on this Forum? Nope. QVC has an air-tight ITT Dept. with all of our private information. I'm confident when we receive calls or emails from QVC, it is legitimate.

Unfortunately, @BirkiLady, QVC doesn't have a history of a well-designed or well-managed website.   Since I first began using their site for shopping and later joined the forums, I was perplexed that they were so far behind other large corporations and that their site consistently has so many technical problems and lackadaisical tech support.   As one of many, many examples, a few years ago the login page began automatically filling in other customers' email addresses (not the email address of the person trying to login) at random.    Even with countless Community threads, phone calls, and email messages alerting QVC about it, because their IT support is so delayed it took days for the problem to be fixed.    That's when I stopped saving my financial info on the site.

Another example, the escalating list of problems we see on the Community...  long delays in accessing user profiles, responding to posts or editing posts, uploading images.   That one has been with us since last November.   It's long been evident that the powers-that-be don't seem to value sound, reliable IT design/management/support or immediate response to problems. 

Regarding email messages, often there are nefarious, spoofed phishing-expedition emails that are well-designed, crafted, and appear to be from QVC but are not.    There have been threads about that, and I do hope everyone will continue to be vigilant about making sure the email messages are valid and legitimate before clicking any links or using any of the contact info provided.   QVC can do little to prevent these phishing attempts, although it can be helpful to report them.

Good explanation of just a few of their issues @dooBdoo .  The Q has the complete opposite of an airtight IT dept from what I can see. I remember that from a few years ago. I, too will not store any cards on my profile here, I hope no one does.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 

This is a legimate program. No need to worry regarding being scammed...

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC @Annabellethecat66 

This is an older thead but I am just checking. I am received an e-mail last week giving me a special number as well. I usually order online, but I was torn as to if this some sort of scam or not?  Is this program still in existence?

Honored Contributor

Yes plus this email I hardly call in orders but nice to know🙂

52CFCCE9-BA6A-474E-81EF-312613A2B96F.jpeg