Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Else Get a Special Numer to Call.........

@lrmuffin It doesn't matter to me because I have the retention of a fruit fly!

I have never had any problem ordering anything on the automated line (I don't like speaking to a person....too often they get it wrong).  This way (automated) if it's wrong, then it's my fault.

I didn't give it much thought.  I just thought of it (again) today and thought I'd ask how many here got 'the call'.  Ha!

I very seldom watch live shows.  Most of the time I DVR everything on TV (like I've always said....no commercials).  Even with QVC that way I fast forward over just about everything. 

These days QVC seldom sells out of an item.  There have been a few times that's happened and then I just figure it was 'meant to be'.  In other words, no big deal.

I DVR Isaac's clothes, some Bob Mackie, a few other's here and there.

Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin Thank you for your sweet words.  I enjoy posting here.

I don't tweet (have no idea how to do it).  I also don't belong to any other forums.

I used to belong to face book but stopped that because my daughters told me to get rid of it.  The problem with that is I've lost touch with many of my high school friends.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 , I’m in my  50s and never got into the Facebook, Instagram or  other social media sites. But I enjoy coming here. I work full time so don’t see a lot of shows but buy mostly Wen and Linea.  Oh, I called customer service and they are leaving recorded messages so I stand corrected!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66: Awww...you burst my bubble. Here, I'm thinking I'm so special with a special number. But, you're right...it's probably cause we're buying so much stuff! Smiley Tongue 

Trusted Contributor

Ig I'm not that special! lol

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So, I received a recorded message from QVC maybe Thursday telling me "because I'm such a great (?) QVC Customer, they were giving me a special number to call when ordering or if I have a problem.  It said that phone number would 'allow' me to jump ahead of the line of people waiting on the phone to order.

Everything I order, I use automated line.  Unless if I'm sending things to someone other than myself, I never speak to a person.

I was wondering if other's here received that 'special phone number'?

I know I've been asked if I ever got the letter telling me I couldn't order because I'd sent back so many things (the answer is no).

I guess the amount of 'stuff' I order outweighs the amount of 'things' I've sent back?  I don't know.

Who else got the call about this 'special number'.  I think that's what they called it.

Yes, I got an email for it, I have the numbers written right here. My land line phone is laying on the floor, because I get scam calls all the time. I never use it and it's part of my Comcast agreement, which is why I was emailed. No it is not a scam, I buy a lot from the Q. there is also one # for Q2. I need to give my cell # to them.

Respected Contributor

I think it's probably legitimate. 

Airlines do it for their upper level members of their frequent flyer programs. Some let you jump the queue for the regular customer service lines, while others have special dedicated teams that take care of pax who fly 75,000+ butt-in-seat miles per year. 

AMEX also has special numbers for some of their cardholders. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've called in an order since I got my first computer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

Nope no special phone # for me!  Seems Q marketing is "targeting" a certain demographic of customers.  

My older friend (in her 80s) orders almost everyday.  She watches certain shows but her other friends will call her & tell her what's on.  She enjoys buying clothing and food as she is semi-disabled and going to stores is not easy.

The reason I mention this is I never get any great offers or incentives to shop QVC as a shopper since CVN days but she & her friends received the offer to open Q card and got $75 merchandise credit.  Of course, they all shopped and opened a card.

And yes she told me yesterday she got a call from QVC regarding ordering via phone (which she does). She asked me if it was a SCAM or real.  I told her to call CS interestly no CS had any idea about "special" number.  

I see from other posts it's legit.  I order online.

QVC "powers that be" should realize "longtime" customers have built this company and should want to do something to "keep" us😉.   

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

It’s legit, I received an email yesterday.

The only reason I ever call is when I’ve waited way too long for a return to process!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras