Trusted Contributor

Diane gilman on hsn at midnight last night

Goodness. What is going on with her makeup? I know she is approaching 80 years old and has had cancer but at midnight last night  that  eye makeup made her look ghoulish, or maybe like a 5 year old child painted her face with a nagic marker. Then she looked like she was consistently closing her eyes which made it more noticable. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Diane gilman on hsn at midnight last night

I know; it was startlingly bad, and so unnecessary.  Wouldn't she have someone to advise her on her make-up, after all her years on television?  I noticed that the video they are showing with the product now does not have her on at all.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1    Maybe she is somewhat visually impaired as many older people are.  It can be difficult to apply make up under such conditions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  point taken. That is why i do not wear makeup anymore,. But in that case she should have either someone help her with it it do without the devil eyes look. maybe just some foundation, blush and lipstick would  have looked better. It was really something.

Honored Contributor

It's not about being a cancer survivor.  I love DG and greatly respect her but she's an example of what happens when a woman ages but clings to her vision of herself from decades ago.  It's apparent she did her own hair and makeup and they was unfortunate.  She just can't see herself as she is now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, I think the most important questions are: did you buy what she was selling and do you normally buy from her?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's not about being a cancer survivor.  I love DG and greatly respect her but she's an example of what happens when a woman ages but clings to her vision of herself from decades ago.  It's apparent she did her own hair and makeup and they was unfortunate.  She just can't see herself as she is now.  

@chrystaltree   

Well said and kind.  I have always liked Diane and respected her accomplishments. Why the unkindness toward an 80 year old woman?  Some things are better left unsaid.  I'm sure there are very mature ladies here that can't let go of makeup and hair dye and look like clowns but to each their own.  Live your best life and let others do the same without criticism.

Esteemed Contributor

The comments are interesting all are start with in my opinion. Well apparently she likes the way she looks, so good for her. She doesen't have to please anyone, but herself. I think she looks fine. She likes a strong eye, so what. She isn't hurting anyone else. Different strokes for different folks.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

The comments are interesting all are start with in my opinion. Well apparently she likes the way she looks, so good for her. She doesen't have to please anyone, but herself. I think she looks fine. She likes a strong eye, so what. She isn't hurting anyone else. Different strokes for different folks.

@manny2   I don't see a single comment that starts "In my opinion".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i just went and viewed the ts video

i see no issue

make up is individual

rock on Diane!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~