Honored Contributor

Diamond Resorts International

Diamond Resorts International -

It's a timeshare business. Does anyone know anything about this - either positive or negative? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Diamond Resorts International

I can only say that I've heard nothing but negatives about time shares in general.  And I know when people die having an interest in a time share, it's a nightmare.  I know this because I deal with it at work. 

I've never heard of this company but hopefully others can help. 

Regular Contributor

I've never heard of them but every few months I get a letter in the mail from a company letting me know that I can sell my timeshare... and I don't have one nor have I ever owned one!

Respected Contributor

Beware of timeshare purchases:  folks are offering to sell their share for $1.00 on the Internet and get no takers.  There's a reason: increased fees and maintenance charges that always increase.  Not a good deal for a week's vacation.  Then try to sell it....

On KYW radio in Philadelphia area I've heard a new commercial:  a company that will get your timeshare sold for you.....I wonder about it and how the " sellers " will do.  More importantly, I wonder about the poor purchasers.

Years ago, DH and I attended a presentation on buying into the timeshare option.  We declined and as we were leaving through the back exit, we were approached to take advantage of a much reduced price for the same option we had just turned down.

stay away from timeshares.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

MissBonBon wrote:

I've never heard of them but every few months I get a letter in the mail from a company letting me know that I can sell my timeshare... and I don't have one nor have I ever owned one!

Wow, then you should sell it!  HA!    Smiley Happy

I guess they are just phishing to get people to call them and then hit them with the spiel.  

Respected Contributor

I don't know about this company specifically, but unless you are very young and have lots of time to travel, I would not recommend time sharing.  We owned 4 at one time and when we were young enjoyed them very much.  Now we don't travel as much but still have to pay maintenance fees, taxes, etc. on the two we kept.  They are almost impossible to sell otherwise I would no longer have these two.  

If you choose to buy one, make sure it is a place you are sure you want to visit a lot.  

It is very expensive to exchange them and the 'membership' fees for exchange companies are an additional expense.  In my opinion you can stay at a very nice resort for a week for little more than all the fees associated with timeshare.

Honored Contributor

I am familiar with this company.  In addition to selling time shares they also rent condos at their time share locations.

I have stayed in a beautiful condo in Williamsburg, VA more than once for about $50 a night.  When I check in they always ask if I want to hear a presentation on buying a time share and offer me tickets to some attraction, but I always say no, I am not interested and they never bother me further.

A time share is not for me or my lifestyle and if I can stay for a a very low price, why would I buy?

My experience with them has always been positive.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have points with Diamond I'll sell you

They always have alot of places in Florida!