Honored Contributor

I have family from Boston. They like their pet. They say: "Let's take da doo-awg fo ah wok in da pock and play boo-ahhhl"....lol!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have family from Boston. They like their pet. They say: "Let's take da doo-awg fo ah wok in da pock and play boo-ahhhl"....lol!Woman LOL

Time for hearing check up for you or you relatives have a blended Boston and Brookyn accent or you were watching Goodlellas when you made this up....lol   We say "let's take the dawg for a waak in the paak to play ball.  Native Bostonians tend to drop our R's but we prounce th's.  

Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

Born and bred Jersey Girl..........northern Jersey.   I am accentless. Smiley Wink Woman WinkWoman Tongue

@dmod nj, I don't know about that! LOL!I think you are being facetious.  My SIL is born and bred NJ, and she has a strong accent. We all think we are accentless. According to the map that someone posted, I have a Canadian accent...never heard of that before!

When I lived down South along the Gulf, I was talking to a tv anchor. She said that they are all taught in college to talk like me. She was working on losing her accent, and she actually called me a couple times to ask how a Northerner would pronounce a particular word! Woman Indifferent

Hi @Yardlie   yes, I was just teasing. Woman Very Happy   I have a strong Jersey/NY accent.  One parent was from the Bronx, the other Jersey. 

There are several posters on these boards whom I've met or speak with on the phone.  They will absolutely tell you, I have an accent. LOL   So do they!! lol 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.