Honored Contributor

I was in CVS for a few things today. Haven't shopped in there since about a month ago. They had a buy one get one half off on the 2 pack of Secret gel.

Some of the deodorant was behind plexiglass, at first I thought it was locked. But it just said lift to access product. When I lifted it up this alarm like sound happened. No one came running lol.

Only some of the deodorants were covered this way, others were not. Don't know why, I thought about asking an employee then I just said don't bother. Didn't notice the plexiglass in any other aisle that I shopped.

Just strange. If deodorant was a theft target I think they would "alarm" all of it. Has anyone else seen this in CVS?

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

No..........but my CVS only has numerical vitamins A thru L out on the customer shelves.     I guess they must not know enough to open the rest of the cartons in the storeroom.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

The title of the OP made me check my stash 😂. Hard to know what to stock up on.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

The title of the OP made me check my stash 😂. Hard to know what to stock up on.

@Still Raining   HA!!!!  Good one!!  Each "end" must be clean and fresh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Deodorant Alarm?

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21   I haven't been in any CVS since they billed MY insurance for a prescription that wasn't mine.  In fact, I haven't filled a script with them in over a year, and all had been expired now.

They may have just been moving inventory displays around and theplexiglasss wasn't meant for deodorant.

I'm surprised that nobody came over when the alarm went off.  Then again, it's CVS.

I would be more concerned if a deodorant alarm went off if I walked by without touching anything.

*sniffs underarms* LOL

*spell edit

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Deodorant Alarm?

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 

Why bother having an alarm if no one cares if it goes off...SMH!!! Sounds typical for CVS....oh I could tell you stories about the hassle with my prescriptions... thats why I switched to Walgreens and dont shop at CVS...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Dollar General as one of those for many years now with all their OTC pain releivers and cold medicines.  They put it in when people were making drugs at home with the sinus medication.  Their version to Excedrin helps on my migraines more than any other store brand but not once as an employee approched me about the siren going off.  I have lifted that lid way toooooooo many times for my headaches.  But for deodrant that seems extreme.  I did buy some Oil of Olay at Walmart a few years back and it was locked up like the designer perfumes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I think sometimes stores do this when certain items are shoplifted too often.  Maybe deodorants are being taken too often?  Just a thought?