Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

The word dude was used in a casual way which fits this forum just fine.   

Thank you, Tansy. I like the term. It's a happy, friendly designation. I didn't know his name. Since I don't watch much on air presentations, I just recently noticed that this "male gendered gentleman of high repute and expertise" was always on the D & C programs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

This morning I heard Gary mention having been involved with Sport Savvy, which was a line I had several pieces from, so he’s been around behind the scenes for a long time.  

Oh, I remember that line. When did they get rid of it? There were several other fashion lines that seem to no longer be at the Q as well. One of them was mostly crocheted things and a red headed woman used to bring them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@BirkiLady , @RainCityWoman : I’m 74 and say dude. Not all the time but often enough. Hmm, wonder what that says about me🤪

Thank you. It says you have a whimsical, fun personality.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@RainCityWoman    I don't have any problem with the word dude at all, per say.  It was the entire tone of your post that seemed condescending to Gary's qualifications to be a presenter of the brand.  For me, that lent an air of negativity to "Dude" in your title.

Words change all the time, based on how we use them.  Somehow I think you already knew that.

Somehow, I don't think you know why I used the word or how often I actually use it. Basically you're somehow equating my designation of dude with my opinion that he was not necessary for the presentation. He offered very little in the way of information that would lead me to believe he was a designer or knew anything about construction, but I guess there's only so much you can say about a tee shirt. Whether it's dude, man, guy, gentleman, or male, I still have the same opinion. My guess is no matter what I would have said, you would have been offended because it doesn't agree with your viewpoint. It's like walking on eggs here.

Honored Contributor

Isn't it time to put this to rest already?  Right-fighting over "Dude" has become stale.

So is anything else regarding Gary. 

Question was asked, question was answered.

Image result for keep calm and eat cake

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Company (Person who stands next to the program host)

[ Edited ]

Definitive meanings of "dude"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77v_Q0mhbZU

Honored Contributor

@tansy @I agree with you.If she wanted to be nasty she would have dropped the E and then I would think her tone was off.

Trusted Contributor

@RainCityWoman : I’ll even sometimes add the Yo. Such innocent words but sometimes fun to say depending on who you’re directing it to. If it is someone who has a sense of humor, it comes out. 

Respected Contributor

@jonbon 

I was born preppy. It was just the look and feel of the area. Still is. Styles change, but the classic feeling and quality doesn’t. It’s a fine line to walk, isn’t It? Preppy isn’t one style, unless you’re thinking of the brief so-called “preppy” style a few decades ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I like Gary as a person, but I don't like his styles nor designs. Denim & Co. is not what it used to be and the quality is not there anymore. I have tops from Denim & Co. from many years ago (before the Garalyn shows)....which were much nicer and higher quality. 

@Effie54.  I disagree.  I've never had anything bad happen to a D&C garment.  No shrinking, fading, pilling, unraveled seams or hems, stretching.  They wear like iron.  I tire of them and donate just so I can buy some new.  The old tops had no stretch and no prints.  They were mostly solid color French terry; I have no desire for more of that.

In what way do you think the current quality is poor?

The inconsistency in sizing, the thin material, matronly designs and styles, lack of detail finishing. I just don't like that line anymore. The styles are not for me....too matronly.