Trusted Contributor

I just watched the video.  It's very upsetting.

Just goes to show that cyber-bullying has been going on for a long time now...and it's getting worse as the years go on.''

People really need to stop and think about what they are saying, doing, and posting.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved Delta through good and bad times over the years.  She was so wonderful in Designing Woman. 

I remember seeing her on QVC a few times.  She made some nice pull-on jeans that had a V insert in the front.  Her items were also at JCP for awhile.

Recently, I bought the DVDs of her episodes of Designing Woman and they are just as sweet & funny as I remember. 

Honored Contributor

So often, endocrinological/hormonal issues can lay a heavy toll on people both in and out of the public eye. As I recall, Delta Burke had Type 2 Diabetes, which can cause a constellation of symptoms including emotional labiality.

Yes, many of us enter attack mode when sensing vulnerability. 

Respected Contributor

I wish you had been over at another thread yesterday.  I was being criticized for speaking up about people saying things about vendors and hosts.  Yes, I hate to read something being said that relates to a person's looks.  These are all people with sensitivities.  No one knows what is going on in their world; however, I was told that people "who put themselves out there on air" need to learn to take it.  Ultimately, the thread was removed.

It was so good to see Delta and her husband.  I don't know how many times I have seen each episode of Designing Women.  I even loved the name Sugarbaker.  I thought it was the sweetest name (no pun intended).  The things they got into were not only funny, but also taught somewhat of a lesson. 

I wish there were more shows like that now -- and the Golden Girls.  Of course, I am dating myself!

Honored Contributor

Yes she does have diabetes. Beautiful woman, if I remember correctly she was in pageants. People can be so cruel. Be kind for you never know what battle someone is facing.

I don't want to watch the video.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

McCraney was on The Talk recently saying how they are still together after 30 years and how thrilled he is to have Delta in his life, he is crazy over her still!

Remember Delta before Des. Women playing the very s exy neighbor on Who's the Boss??

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

So often, endocrinological/hormonal issues can lay a heavy toll on people both in and out of the public eye. As I recall, Delta Burke had Type 2 Diabetes, which can cause a constellation of symptoms including emotional labiality.

Yes, many of us enter attack mode when sensing vulnerability. 

Well said, @violann. I saw her walk off the stage that day and wondered if she was having a reaction to her medication. She was always a beautiful woman and it wasn't easy on her when she was diagnosed with diabetes. For awhile she was promoting Byetta and was their spokesperson. She said that it had changed her life. However, like any illness, sometimes meds stop working and after 20 years of having diabetes, it is probably harder on her to control it.

For myself, Delta will always be beautiful.....

Honored Contributor

Gerald Mcraney And Delta Burke

2017 photo of a lovely couple! She looks beautiful in this....

Respected Contributor

There were numerous photos of this couple recently.  He was back in limelight for his role on This Is Is.  I think they are a handsome couple.

As for the video, it is very sad.  Jill B did an outstanding job.  She looks adorable with short hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delta Burke

[ Edited ]

@hellodali

You might have read my above post that I loved Designing Women so much, I bought all the shows in which Delta appeared.  The later ones were all right, but not as good.

Anyway, one of my favorite quotes from the show was from Dash Goff (Gerald Raney) -- I know you will remember it! 

"Yesterday, in my mind's eye, I saw four women standing on a veranda in white, gauzy dresses and straw-colored hats. They were having a conversation. And it was hot.

Their hankies tucked in cleavages where eternal trickles of perspiration run from the female breastbone to exotic vacation spots that southern men often dream about.

They were sweet-smelling, coy, cunning, voluptuous, voracious, delicious, pernicious, vexing and sexing... these earth sister/rebel mothers... these arousers and carousers.

And I was filled with a longing to join them. But like a whim of Scarlett's, they turned suddenly and went inside, shutting me out with a bolt of a latch. And I was left only to pick up an abandoned handkerchief and savor the perfumed shadows of these women... these southern women.

This Suzanne. This Julia. This Mary Jo and Charlene. Thanks for the comfort, Dash Goff... the writer.”