Honored Contributor

Delta Burke has talked publicly about her depression and her obsessive- compulsive disorder.  Her OCD manifests itself in hoarding.  She is such a gifted and sweet person.  It is what it is, and she handles herself beautifully as she deals with her illness everyday.  She takes quite a bit of medication, some of which cause weight gain and puffiness.  She seems like she has a great marriage and she just puts one foot in front of the other and goes forward.  It must be hard to deal with internal torture, and know everyone is watching.  One slip, and boom you wind up on the front of the National Enquirer! 

Esteemed Contributor

The media just pillared Delta over her weight gain. They spied on her and caught every bad picture of her to print.

However, she did make a lot of money on her weight loss, even sold some weight loss product on the Q. And she did have a come back on TV, playing a heavy woman.

She was a beautiful woman and a great comedy actress and regular actress with John Travolta a lot.

It's awful what the media did to her. Just once in a great while, does the media do this kind of hurt to a man.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

The media just pillared Delta over her weight gain. They spied on her and caught every bad picture of her to print.

However, she did make a lot of money on her weight loss, even sold some weight loss product on the Q. And she did have a come back on TV, playing a heavy woman.

She was a beautiful woman and a great comedy actress and regular actress with John Travolta a lot.

It's awful what the media did to her. Just once in a great while, does the media do this kind of hurt to a man.

Yes, the media did a real job on her.  Then they try to get photos of ANYONE that are unflattering, even out of context for the person.  Then they say "so and so really gained weight," when it was just a photo angle.  She had a very successful clothing line for awhile.  Do people think that overweight people don't like to wear stylish clothing?  Maybe that should have been Oprah's mission!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I remember when Delta left QVC, posters really missed her clothing line. She always said how important and special her QVC customers were to her, so people really felt slighted when Delta said on a talk show (maybe Larry King), that she was forced to do a clothing line because she wasn't getting any acting jobs.  It made people feel that she was never really sincere about her line and that she only did it because nothing else was coming along.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Why dredge up ancient history.  Let the woman live her life in peace.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

I always loved Delta Burke. Was angered by rumors of her being bullied off the show "Designing Women" because of her weight, especially since so much of the show was about women empowering each other--in the charming way of Southern ladies, and Delta's character embodied that. Would have loved to see her on other shows.

She's certainly had her struggles in life, but has tackled them with grace and aplomb. Wouldn't we all love to have such strength? So wonderful that she has a loving and supportive spouse. As a fan I wish nothing but the best for her!

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm scratching my head wondering who thought it was a good idea to show her emails that criticized her and/or her clothing line before going on air.

I am sure they show vendors feedback to help them in what to do or what no to do.  But it's probably best to "summarize" than to give them the actual email or board post.

Sheesh.

I was wondering the same thing.........probably someone that didn't like her and wanted to stick it to her....SAD

Frequent Contributor

Just yesterday, I bought some beautiful "Delta Burke" underwear at Burlington Coat Factory. I love her brand!

Honored Contributor

Us women can be so rude,and jealous of other women.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Jill really handled that situation well.   

Von Maur carried Delta's line too