Honored Contributor

I'm scratching my head wondering who thought it was a good idea to show her emails that criticized her and/or her clothing line before going on air.

I am sure they show vendors feedback to help them in what to do or what no to do.  But it's probably best to "summarize" than to give them the actual email or board post.

Sheesh.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

That brings back memories.  Hopefully, she is still married and happy.  She must be in her 50's maybe 60's by now?    Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew,   Her husband loved her unconditionally.  What is wrong with people when they are so cruel to someone that gained a little weight.  She ended up losing weight.  I wonder what some of those people throwing stones look like?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

'Funny' (Uncanny) that I just last night ran across an episode of Simon and Simon in which she was Gerald's love interest!  Beautiful Southern woman, for sure. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Delta Burke

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Actually now I feel bad. I just watched the segment on YouTube. She was crying over hurtful emails. Jill Bauer was the host and handled it beautifully. She asked her if she wanted to take a break or keep going. Delta said keep going but then they did go to break anyway. Pam looks the same . Jill looks adorable and her voice sounds very young.

I only saw one clip on youtube with her and she is just very quiet, no tears......

Anyway, she has had some mental illness issues and I think she basically retreated from the spotlight.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

That brings back memories.  Hopefully, she is still married and happy.  She must be in her 50's maybe 60's by now?    Cat Tongue

@Katcat1, see Post #15.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Nancy Drew,   Her husband loved her unconditionally.  What is wrong with people when they are so cruel to someone that gained a little weight.  She ended up losing weight.  I wonder what some of those people throwing stones look like?

@Katcat1

Post 15 is supposed to be a recent picture, so she apparently kept the weight.  I really wouldn't have recognized her, but she still has such a sweet, lovely face. I was a Designing Women fan page, too, and I'm happy to see that she and Gerald McRaney are still together.   

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

Well that was a blast from the past.  I have to say she looked gorgeous, and that camera loved her.

Trusted Contributor

I also had not seen this video, but JILL was GREAT, she looked so cute and young.  We all age.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

That STINKS that people write things like that --enough to make someone cry.  

Geez, people kill themselves because of vicious (social media/email) attacks.

I just don't understand the mean things said to and about the hosts and vendors.  Those people are selling something.  They aren't spewing negativity and being ignorant towards anyone.  They aren't looking at the TV and calling anyone out about anything.

I just don't get it.  It breaks my heart to think that she was crying and couldn't pull herself together.  That wasn't acting either.  I wouldn't want that to happen to any host or vendor!

SMH.