Esteemed Contributor

A Delta Airlines Pilot was recently suspended yet returned to work after a video source showed him punching a woman who was fighting another woman.  

The pilot of the flight can be seen hitting one woman who appears to have a choke hold on the woman she was fighting.  The pilot got into the middle of the fray and punched the woman and then walked off.

TMZ broke the story with footage of two women who were fighting on the plane and after the plane de-boarded in Atlanta.  The two women apparently know one another and neither have filed charges against the other.

The pilot will face no disciplinary charges as his employer (Delta Airlines) says what he did was correct to try to diffuse the situation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/29/us/delta-pilot-atlanta-airport-woman.html?_r=0

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Re: Delta Airlines

[ Edited ]
He took off his pilot hat and put on his human hat. A choke hold? I saw the video and I say good for him. Right call in my opinion. Problem is...both women will probably sue him and Delta.
Honored Contributor

I can't help but think there's going be lots of 'copy cat' airline kerfuffles.

A planned event by a couple people hoping there will be a window of payday opportunity where the airline 'allegedly' exposes themselves.

These 2 women should've been arrested on the spot.  

Good for him.  Right call in my opinion x 2. @cody2

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I can't help but think there's going be lots of 'copy cat' airline kerfuffles.

A planned event by a couple people hoping there will be a window of payday opportunity where the airline 'allegedly' exposes themselves.

These 2 women should've been arrested on the spot.  

Good for him.  Right call in my opinion x 2. @cody2

There is no window of a payday for these women.  They were fighting on the plane and continued to do so on their way out of the gate.  People don't just get "pay days" unless something happened that rendered them with bodily harm.  Neither sought to press charges against the other, so that's a done deal.  No court would hear this argument.

Let's be reminded that be people can sue all they want.  It doesn't mean they will win.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

So...in essence, it's a non-story, yes?

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom, no there's a story as I provided.   Can you just run with that?

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I commented about the pilot on a thread about the lady with the stroller.  The video shows the pilot just standing there with all the drama going on around him.  Toward the end, he said something.  I couldn't believe he let it go on as long as he did.  I wasn't suggesting he punch the lady.  What was this Delta pilot thinking?  In training, I'm sure he was trained how to handle certain situations.  No way did it include punching travelers.

Honored Contributor

There's no story here.  He did the right thing.  It wasn't a verbal argument, it was physical fight with one woman being choked.  He did what he could to break up that fight.  And it's silly to think that people are going to stage stuff to get what...arrested...lol   The doctor's incident with UA was not a fight with another passenger.  

Respected Contributor

The pilot slapped her hand.  No punches were thrown.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's no story here.  He did the right thing.  It wasn't a verbal argument, it was physical fight with one woman being choked.  He did what he could to break up that fight.  And it's silly to think that people are going to stage stuff to get what...arrested...lol   The doctor's incident with UA was not a fight with another passenger.  

@chrystaltree he didn't break up the fight.  He got in the fray and walked away while they continued to fight until they were tired or someone got the better of the other.

The MORAL of this story is that sometimes people DO the right thing.  Other than that the story is a story on its face.  It happened.

*Call Tyrone*