Trusted Contributor

Thanks XOXO for the screen shot thing of the Pinterest logo. Must be something to do with your mac.  I don't get that on my PC.

My current Avatar is circa 1951 with one of my Dad's in honor of Father's Day.  I hope no one will use it for nefarious reasons.  It's not Pinterest but maybe fb.  

And dBd, I get that you are trying to help.  If you ever see any personal meta data or other info in my pics, I'd like to know too.  Thanks everyone.  I just hate it that Lilac/Ford feels ganged up on.  It was a beautiful old photo and I also get it that she just wanted to share with us.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor
Why not simply remove all identifying info from your photos before sharing them?

I think you're confusing genuine concern for malice.

There are plenty of free photo storage sites that have privacy settings, yet allow one to share their photos here and elsewhere.

I would have enjoyed seeing it, were it safe to share.
Honored Contributor

WaJa61 wrote:
Why not simply remove all identifying info from your photos before sharing them?

I think you're confusing genuine concern for malice.

There are plenty of free photo storage sites that have privacy settings, yet allow one to share their photos here and elsewhere.

I would have enjoyed seeing it, were it safe to share.

Thanks for posting this, @WaJa61.  Maybe my comments weren't clear, and my only concern (and, I think, everyone's only concern) was for the display of personal data -- not a concern about posting a photo

As long as people are aware of it, and then say they know and it's okay with them and with their loved ones, all's well as far as I'm concerned.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Please! Those of you who  are more technically inclined if you see this happen to any of us, PLEASE tell us..We want to share, but we don't want to be compromised....

thanks!

Honored Contributor

Yes,   tell us how information is transferred when posting a photo...if I would attach a photo of my grandbaby...how would my personal information  be attached with the picture?

Respected Contributor
@dooBdoo, it all seemed perfectly clear to me from you and others here that simply expressed concern for the OP's and her daughter's privacy. I do not understand the confusion, and as you say, if a photo is posted with full knowledge of the privacy compromised that is entirely their prerogative.

@Mothertrucker, I feel as you do... and I will alert you should I notice anything.
Respected Contributor

I think OP's feelings are running high what with the info being transferred to dam yankee dot com.  It is the new VC spinoff where posters really let it rip.

Respected Contributor

Sorry--  VP spinoff.

Honored Contributor
So, you are here on a recruiting mission AGAIN or are you disillusioned with the posters "really letting it rip" ?? Charming, I'm sure.
Respected Contributor

I'm on both boards.