Honored Contributor

Thanks MrsSweetieBear.  They have their reasons why they don't like me posting photos, they never have and never will.  Yet they claim to be trying to protect me and my family. 

It's old news.  Forget about it.  I have already. 

Thanks again.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Thanks MrsSweetieBear.  They have their reasons why they don't like me posting photos, they never have and never will.  Yet they claim to be trying to protect me and my family. 

Thanks again.

All anybody had to do was save that picture and the rest is history. Do you get it now?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

IMG_1196.JPG

that is going to be ME in less than a week!!!!!! i will be handling all of my business from the beach!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 8.30.52 PM.jpg

I took a screen shot of what I see on Chrome on my Macbook Air, when I "mouse over" the photo

@I am still oxox wrote:

IMG_1196.JPG

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@melfie wrote:

Now that the photo has been removed can someone explain how we can see information on photos? TIA. 

Yes, this might be helpful for future reference.  Although I did see her daughter, "E's" name highlited in the Inspect Elements section.  I did not see any tab for Pinterest like someone else mentioned.  

And Lilac/Ford there was no ph. no., address, SS# or anything like that, just your daughter's name. I've seen your name in the same way in other photos you have posted previously. But I honestly don't understand why the big fuss.  Plus everyone seems to have missed the joke about the picture being posted on Father's Day.  I thought it was cute in more ways than one. 

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

Sometimes trying to help people is like hitting your head against the wall, and I will assume the ED name is your either yours or your daughters

@Blueberry Hill wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

Thanks again.

All anybody had to do was save that picture and the rest is history. Do you get it now?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

i am still oxox,

you dont see the name when you just hover over a photo with your mouse.  there is another way to see the information.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

LilacTree wrote:

Thanks again.

Ford (I'm not sure if you want us using your old nic so I've been using the new one up 'til now), If you're including me in the "they" I don't appreciate it.  In fact, when I look at the posters who were trying to help, I also don't think it's fair to say any of us had nefarious "reasons."  We were trying to be helpful, plain and simple.  If you knew the ID was there and it was okay with you, you could simply have said so in some of the early comments and it would've been the end of that part of the discussion.

The sentiment and the photo both were lovely.  Posters attempting to protect your, and your family's, privacy was also lovely.  I confess, I'm perplexed by the anger and sarcasm directed at posters, some of us who have been your longtime posting friends.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

LilacTree, I can't imagine anyone being offended by you posting photos. Smiley Happy

From what I am seeing here-in my personal opinion-is a genuine concern for personal safety when it comes to posting personal and family photos, as has been already mentioned by others in their posts.

This forum can be read by anyone on the internet, and not just by people who post here on the Q. That is why I think that others were mentioning their concern for you, and for others who might want to post personal or family pictures here on the forum.

Honored Contributor
If you were referring to either Marp or DooBdoo as " they" you were way off base today, Ford.

No one said they were offended by the photo.