Respected Contributor

Re: Funny post by my daughter on her Facebook this morning

Ford, I can understand wanting to share the picture and the sentiment as it is beautiful. But folks are just trying to help you. I didn't see anyone use the word "offensive" so I guess I missed it. If you are not concerned about your privacy, maybe your daughter is and isn't it her FB page? If I was getting this advice from these folks that know more about the internet than I...I wouldn't question it. I would just remove it for safety sake.

Honored Contributor

I  just clicked on my photo and all that comes up is a photo number from my computer 

@LilacTree wrote:

I right clicked my mouse on the photo and an option "view image information" does not come up.

Which browser are you using? 

Also I'm assuming you also responded to I am Still Ox Ox and several other posters who have posted full page photos with this important information.

I will look to see.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I know you have the best intent and I said I appreciate it.  I will let you know what negativity comes my way after folks get a chance to read your posts.

I have posted at least five or six photos in the last five years.  You have warned me every time.  So I believe I have been duly warned and I am sure your intentions are of the highest concern for my safety and that of my family. 

Exactly the same photo and post is on my daughter's FB and my FB, which also contains my full name and hers.

Thank you again for bringing this to everyone's attention on the Q BB once again.

I repeat, my IE browser picks up nothing.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Uncle!

Honored Contributor

I hope you realize that this entire conversation is probably already copied and pasted to another new BB by now.  That BB will have a ball with this conversation . . . at my expense.

So thanks again for your concern and help, which you know I am already aware of since you have told me so many times.

And you wonder why I am now upset? 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I know their meaning. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

Facebook is your friends and people you choose to see you post this is not, you are opening yourself up to the entire world. No one is trying to hurt you, it is the opposite, they are trying to help. 

PS what new board are you refering to?

@LilacTree wrote:

I hope you realize that this entire conversation is probably already copied and pasted to another new BB by now.  That BB will have a ball with this conversation . . . at my expense.

So thanks again for your concern and help, which you know I am already aware of since you have told me so many times.

And you wonder why I am now upset? 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Are you daughters initials E.D.? A word to the wise should be sufficient.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

Now that the photo has been removed can someone explain how we can see information on photos? TIA. 

Frequent Contributor

Why in the world would you post this picture of your daughter and grandkids on a public forum?! Removing it now does no good because the damage is already done for anyone who wanted the information has already gotten it.