Esteemed Contributor

Re: Deja Vu? Student Missing in Bermuda on School Trip

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

This is terrible news.  I would never allow my child to leave this country with a young partying group.  I myself will never leave this country.  Times have changed.

It was a rugby tournament and his parents had accompanied him. @Sweet Caroline 1

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

It was a rugby tournament and his parents had accompanied him.

The news broadcast I heard said the parents rushed to Bermuda (to join in the search) when they were notified he was missing.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1wrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

It was a rugby tournament and his parents had accompanied him.

The news broadcast I heard said the parents rushed to Bermuda (to join in the search) when they were notified he was missing. 

Phillydotcom reported that they had accompanied the team. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

This is terrible news.  I would never allow my child to leave this country with a young partying group.  I myself will never leave this country.  Times have changed.

@Sweet Caroline 1, I understand your trepidation, but I would never then ban travel to another country. Traveling to other countries is a such an amazing experience.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1, I understand your trepidation, but I would never then ban travel to another country. Traveling to other countries is a such an amazing experience.

Like @CANDLEQUEEN talked about, DS had the opportunity to travel to Europe and Central America a number of times when he was in high school. This was after the Natalee Holloway case, and as parents, we were all concerned. The trips were heavily chaperoned, and the students were not allowed to go anywhere by themselves at all. There was also a bed check at night. 

My prayers are with this family. 

Honored Contributor

I saw on the news tonight that they found his body.  I'm so sorry for his family.  I hope they can find out what happened.  I live in AL where Natalie Holloway lived.  This case really effects me.  These two young people can't live their lives now.  Devistating...    

Super Contributor

So very sad my heart aches for his family. The article states he injured his shoulder in the rugby match and was seen favoring it his arm
Maybe there something more to the injury. Possible caused a blood clot or something.
Respected Contributor

Like another poster had previously mentioned-My husband and I have traveled to Bermuda many times and know Hamilton + Front Street very well. I have walked up + down Front many times at nite . I am shocked that this has happened there. It was a very safe island and you would never think this would happen. My condolences to the family...awful...🙏
Respected Contributor

Been found dead.  Terrible.

Contributor

Oh no.  How awful !