Esteemed Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

I've not had a drink in well over 17yrs.

I stopped for health reasons.. if I was going to pick between those two I'd have the margarita.

So it's been a few hours since you posted ~~ which did you choose ?

@deja vu   See post #6.  

Trusted Contributor

@cotton4me 

Thanks, I looked right at it and didn't see it !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

My wife is doing fine. She had been in a different city for 2 weeks doing her Pet Sitting Jobs. She got back last night and our 3 kitties and dog Lily were happy to see her.

Thank you for asking, we all our doing fine. Wishing you and yours the same.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

@deja vu 

That makes 2 of us. My choice was not a health issue, per se, but addiction. Was back in the mid '90's for me. My choice was mostly beer, with an occasional mixed drink. My wife however prefers the margarita, but even that is a very rare occasion.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@DearPrudence 

My preference for a cold drink after a hard workout or hours mowing our acreage! Ice cold and free H2o. Not even a decision that needs made., it's on automatic body setting.

hckynut 

Andrew Lessman is selling Ceramides today, @hckynut. It'll keep that H2o where it belongs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@deja vu wrote:

I stopped for health reasons.. if I was going to pick between those two I'd have the margarita.

So it's been a few hours since you posted ~~ which did you choose ?

Congratulations @deja vu .

Honored Contributor

Re: Decisions, decisionso

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Andrew Lessman is selling Ceramides today, @hckynut. It'll keep that H2o where it belongs. 

@febe1

Not sure what that even means. I'm thinkin I know, but tell me will you?  I have drank lots of water daily as far back as I can remember.

Working in 100+° factory heat daily/running/skating/all day outdoor drag racing meets etc. The only times I drank less was when I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure(CHF). I was limited to 64oz. per day of ALL fluids. Now that was really tough for me over those 3+ months.

E.T.A.  I forgot there were 2 times I was limited on fluid. The first time was with heart attack #1. It was on July 5th and I had spent 4 hours mowing in 95° weather. Drank lots of water. Well, that almost killed me.

With the heart attack all that fluid went into my lungs, Aspiration Pneumonia. Nothing fluid for 4 full days in ICU. 4 times a day a nurse would have a toothpick with a tiny sponge on the end. Dip it in water and run it across my gums.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@DearPrudence 

My preference for a cold drink after a hard workout or hours mowing our acreage! Ice cold and free H2o. Not even a decision that needs made., it's on automatic body setting.

hckynut 

@hckynut For us it's the house wine of the South--or maybe southwest.  It's a tall glass of cold, crisp iced tea--lots of ice, no sugar, and maybe a sprig of mint!  

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence, I think any adult  beverage will meet your needs. Whatever you choose, enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut

That's good to here and something to be proud of.  My son just stopped in 2019.   And I find nothing taste as good as cold water after being physical !

I never really drank a lot, and I got terrible hangovers anyway.. so it was not a hard decision for me to stop.. 

Now my husband is a Budweiser snob, it's that and no other beer will do.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~