Honored Contributor

The Freisian Horse Youtube channel I follow has two brand new fillies. One of them whinnied not long after being born. That is unusual for a newborn foal. The other horses in the stable neighed back.

This is the Youtube Channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/FriesianHorses/videos

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@kivah  Born in the Bronx, moved to CT but still got into the City a lot.  Had the most marvelous childhood/young adulthood going to school and working in the City that I loved and thought I would never leave. 

When the City started to change for the worse, I got out and moved to AZ 30 years ago last month.

Never revisited NYC.  Never looked back.

Esteemed Contributor

After the Texas freeze, I lost all my plants. Today I was redoing my corners but I put everything in pots so if it ever happens again, I can move them into the house.

I had helpers, Tomorrow I will add mulch. 

5F0FF741-E126-4C62-8F4B-FBC634E76390.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak -

That is so pretty!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @on the bay   This was before the freeze

9E898731-8CB8-4744-89F7-8292180DAF72.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I've been decluttering and packing getting a head start on our move.  That pretty much occupies most of my free time.  
I've been pretty stressed about it but the best thing for me is to do something with that energy instead of worrying and then I feel more in control. 

I haven't read about your upcoming move, @GenXmuse.  I hope it's a beneficial move for you.

As for me I am trying to stay off the boards and keep myself occupied with other activities.  

@tansy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I've been decluttering and packing getting a head start on our move.  That pretty much occupies most of my free time.  
I've been pretty stressed about it but the best thing for me is to do something with that energy instead of worrying and then I feel more in control. 

I haven't read about your upcoming move, @GenXmuse.  I hope it's a beneficial move for you.

As for me I am trying to stay off the boards and keep myself occupied with other activities.  

Thanks, Tansy! That's very kind of you. I'm sure once it's all said and done it will be.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Thank you @on the bay   This was before the freeze

9E898731-8CB8-4744-89F7-8292180DAF72.jpeg

Oh wow! I guess that is a good idea to put in pots isn't it?

I remember when we had a townhouse always wondering when the flowers would be ok to plant or be safe from a freeze. Sometimes I would even see not til May!

Sometimes there would be snow in April! So hard to wait and to know.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kachina624  I was not really busy today but any thing that sparks interest is poofed or closed for commenting, it gets old.

and my day was uneventful....cool and overcast, so outside work is on hold until it warms up a tad.    Maybe Sunday will be a more interesting day.  I can't wait to go back to work on Monday!!

@Mom2Dogs    I so agree.  Get sick of writing a thoughtful comment to a post, then after I've spent time on it, I enter it only to discover it's gone.  The reasons seem so arbitrary, because it MIGHT be argumentative or could be deemed political, etc., etc.  What's wrong with a civil argument?  We used to call them discussions.

I guess the mods will be elated when we're all gone and they can do CS full time. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I agree with you....I like a good discussion...and I have learned a thing or two on occasion.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Kachina624  I was not really busy today but any thing that sparks interest is poofed or closed for commenting, it gets old.

and my day was uneventful....cool and overcast, so outside work is on hold until it warms up a tad.    Maybe Sunday will be a more interesting day.  I can't wait to go back to work on Monday!!

@Mom2Dogs    I so agree.  Get sick of writing a thoughtful comment to a post, then after I've spent time on it, I enter it only to discover it's gone.  The reasons seem so arbitrary, because it MIGHT be argumentative or could be deemed political, etc., etc.  What's wrong with a civil argument?  We used to call them discussions.

I guess the mods will be elated when we're all gone and they can do CS full time. 

@Kachina624 , I wish they were civil, but the arguements rarely are. It seems we have lost the ability to agree to disagree, it has to be scorched earth.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan