Honored Contributor

Very interesting obit in the NY Times.  Didn't start acting until he was 37 and had an eventful life up to then.  Married to the same woman for over 60 years.  Solid actor.

Trusted Contributor

So sorry to see this in my news feed.  I always enjoyed watching him.  

RIP Danny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@tobes wrote:

Oh no....not Johnny Cammararei!

I was thinking I knew him from Moonstruck, RIP

@Shelbelle Danny's character was so annoying in 'Moonstruck' - and it was played to perfection. Woman Happy What a terrific actor. 

Valued Contributor

He was so great in Moonstruck was just watching yesterday. The proposal scene with Bobo get the check! Lol

Super Contributor

Loved Do the Right Thing.  DH and I always say "extra cheese $2.00"  whenever we stop in for a slice of pizza.   RIP Danny.

Honored Contributor

Very sad. RIP Danny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

My fondest memory of Danny was in Madonna's video for 'Papa Don't Preach'...

RIP Danny  Smiley Sad

@Susan Louise 

Your mentioning the video of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach", brings back a memory that I have of my dad.

I was born and raised in Sacramento, and was a teen in the 80's.

Back then, what was popular were these little recording studios, where you could go in, and record yourself singing a song, and you would leave with a copy of your recording on cassette.

One day, my dad and I were in Old Town, and there was one of these recoring studios there, and in the window, someone had taped the lyrics to "Papa Don't Preach". 

My dad stood there and read the words to the song, and he said, "I like this song."

Now, in 1987 he would've been 60, so that always made me proud that my dad was so progressive.

I have to laugh though when I remember the uproar from parents when that video came out.

Parents were literally saying, "Oh, my gawd! Our daughters are going to run out and get pregnant because Madonna is singing about being pregnant in her video!"

*lol*

Even then, as a teen myself, I knew that girls in my age group was smart enough to know the difference between the fiction of a music video, and reality.

Then, there was the time, when my dad was 80, and shocked me by knowing who Anna Nicole Smith was!

But that's a story for a different time.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.