Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   Arnica gel will help the bruising and I’ve used Blue Eumu for pain. I’m sorry that you fell, it happens so fast! lucky you caught your dog.  

I’ve never had an electric fence for the reason that other dogs and critters can come in them. Snakes also. 

I saw a large Buck run past two small dogs in an electronic fence and they chased it behind the house. Glad he didn’t use his antlers!

I have a small fenced area for my two dogs but at night I take them on leashes. They spend too long sniffing. 

Take care I hope you feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 

I spotted a racoon in my neighborhood he went up on the roof of a house....I was asking my friend who lives out in the country about racoons, and she told me they're mean as hell stay away from them.... @Its Me LuLuBelle2  so sorry you got hurt and hope you recover and heal soon, and it was good you got your dog away from the racoon......

@Spurt   Raccoons are very feisty and very smart.  We had one as a pet once.  He played like a cat and could easily outwit a dog.  We eventually released him but we could go out at night, shake a box of candy and he'd come running.  We lived out in the country North of Houston in the piney woods then.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Sorry to hear of your fall. We had crazy raccoons in military housing once. We would come home late in the evenings and they were always crawling on my neighbors trash. They didn't put a lid on it. We kept our distance. Hope you heal quickly. ☺
Respected Contributor

There was a poster here who fed grapes to raccoons who visited her yard.  One day, one bit her on the finger.  She required a lot of medical help. 

Honored Contributor

Wow are you lucky, both of you.  That's why I check out the area I'll be letting my little girl out to.  You never know what critter is out there.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 

I spotted a racoon in my neighborhood he went up on the roof of a house....I was asking my friend who lives out in the country about racoons, and she told me they're mean as hell stay away from them.... @Its Me LuLuBelle2  so sorry you got hurt and hope you recover and heal soon, and it was good you got your dog away from the racoon......

@Spurt   Raccoons are very feisty and very smart.  We had one as a pet once.  He played like a cat and could easily outwit a dog.  We eventually released him but we could go out at night, shake a box of candy and he'd come running.  We lived out in the country North of Houston in the piney woods then.

@Kachina624 

Racoons have such cute faces ..That was nice you cared for one as one of your pets....We have some in our neighborhood that I see once in awhile....they seem to get along with the feral cats

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”