Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Feel better soon.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Ouch! Glad you didn't break anything.

@Daisy Sunflower@roeroe1005 @Katcat1 , Broken hips at 65 aren't a good thing (as my doctor frequently remnds me)!  Thank you for your well wishes.  And yes, OUCH! LuLu

@Kachina624, this dog and her "brother" (who passed away from old age 1 1/2 years ago)  tangled with a rabid raccon in broad daylight (not a good sign) about 5 years ago.  They were both current on their rabies shots, but got boosters anyway. The whole show was a nightmare so I do all I can do not repeat it.

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   I'm sorry to hear you've been hurt.  A fall is frightenening.  Maybe you could try some arnica gel to help speed the bruise healing.  It does work.  Feel better soon.

Valued Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   I'm sorry to hear you've been hurt.  A fall is frightenening.  Maybe you could try some arnica gel to help speed the bruise healing.  It does work.  Feel better soon.

@Harvard99, thank you for your well wishes my friend.  What's amica gel?  Love to hear about things I know zero about!  TIA, LuLu

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  ARNICA, it's a natural homeopathic product used to speed healing.  It's for bruises, inflammation and pain. Even Walmart carries it on the shelf now.  At least near me. If not, CVS or Walgreens should have it.  It's called Arnicare Pain Relief Gel by Boiron. 

Have you also tried ice on the bruises. That helps for sure. A fall is so scary.  Try to take it easy if you can.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 @Omg...thank  goodness you didn’t break something.I hope  you heal quickly without any repercussions.watch for infection  

.I once had a very small cut that got blood poisoning.You should ice your bruises if you can stand the cold on the painful bruises.Keep us updated on how you are making out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Last night, just around this time, I took my dog out for her last stroll of the evening.  She's on an invisible fence, so no leash required.  I do however like to be with her at night when she goes out so she doesn't run into critters.

We no sooner went out the back door, onto the concrete patio, and heard hissing.  A raccoon was about 6" off of the patio.  My girl immediately wanted to go after it.  As I was grabbing her by her collar I managed to tangle my feet with my very heavy patio table.  I went down hard and fast.  My right arm is seriously scraped up,and black and blue, as I had on a short sleeve tee.  My right hip and thigh look hideous. The black and blues just showed up and are ugly everywhere.  Thankfully at my age, I didn't break a thing, managed to keep the dog away from the raccoon, so all's well that ends well.  But dang, I HURT!!!  LuLu

Just one of the things we do for our pets. You came through admirably. Sorry you are in pain. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 , sorry you fell. I have fallen taking my dog out too, both when he has gotten after something, other times I have just tripped over something in the field. And now we've had so much rain, I sink when I step into it and have to yank out my boot, and get mud all over me. But somehow not the furchild.

I hope you are felling better soon, it really sounds like a nasty fall. 

I like my dogs more than I do most people I know.

They give the most unconditional love, don't hold grudges, are happy to eat whatever I prepare, even if its not for them and I'm not looking, lol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2   I hope you heal up and feel better soon.

I have been where you are and it does hurt.

A few years ago, I tripped over a curb at a playground and fell.  My thigh was colorful and an appropriate for the 4th of July.  My granddaughter snapped a picture because she was intrigued with the colors.

It will take a while, but you'll be feeling better in a few days.  Take care.  

You had a good excuse for falling, as you were being helpful to your dog.  My fall was due to me being clumsy.

C503EF8A-3DF5-4E89-96E6-1142D5A8F21E.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Last night, just around this time, I took my dog out for her last stroll of the evening.  She's on an invisible fence, so no leash required.  I do however like to be with her at night when she goes out so she doesn't run into critters.

We no sooner went out the back door, onto the concrete patio, and heard hissing.  A raccoon was about 6" off of the patio.  My girl immediately wanted to go after it.  As I was grabbing her by her collar I managed to tangle my feet with my very heavy patio table.  I went down hard and fast.  My right arm is seriously scraped up,and black and blue, as I had on a short sleeve tee.  My right hip and thigh look hideous. The black and blues just showed up and are ugly everywhere.  Thankfully at my age, I didn't break a thing, managed to keep the dog away from the raccoon, so all's well that ends well.  But dang, I HURT!!!  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 I’m so sorry you got hurt. I hope it heals fast. We’ll do anything for our babies🐶😸 I thank God every day for my little girl.