Valued Contributor

Last night, just around this time, I took my dog out for her last stroll of the evening.  She's on an invisible fence, so no leash required.  I do however like to be with her at night when she goes out so she doesn't run into critters.

We no sooner went out the back door, onto the concrete patio, and heard hissing.  A raccoon was about 6" off of the patio.  My girl immediately wanted to go after it.  As I was grabbing her by her collar I managed to tangle my feet with my very heavy patio table.  I went down hard and fast.  My right arm is seriously scraped up,and black and blue, as I had on a short sleeve tee.  My right hip and thigh look hideous. The black and blues just showed up and are ugly everywhere.  Thankfully at my age, I didn't break a thing, managed to keep the dog away from the raccoon, so all's well that ends well.  But dang, I HURT!!!  LuLu

Honored Contributor

no pets for me.....

Respected Contributor

@LuLuBelle omg no hope you heal fast, things happen so fast so sorry you are going threw this. 

Honored Contributor
Ouch. I’m so sorry, LuLuBelle.

@SharkE my life would be incomplete without a pet.
Valued Contributor

@sissel wrote:

@LuLuBelleomg no hope you heal fast, things happen so fast so sorry you are going threw this. 

@sissel, so true - sometimes things happen so fast you can't react.  Thank you for your well wishes.  As long as I didn't break anythng, it's all good!  Best, LuLu

Respected Contributor

lulu give it a few days hope you heal & not serious, you need to heal so sorry for you. 

Trusted Contributor

oh no!  

so glad you are still in one piece!

hope those bruises heal quickly.

Valued Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Ouch. I’m so sorry, LuLuBelle.

@SharkEmy life would be incomplete without a pet.

@bikerbabe, as our newly minted RN, thank you.  I know in my heart, reading your posts, you'll be a wonderful, compassionate nurse and a true honor and hero to your profession.  I'm so proud of you for your hard work and dedication!  My little mishap will never compare to what you'll see and treat and do with dignity.  Stay well, LuLu

Honored Contributor

Sorry you took a dive and injured yourself but you were wise to grab the dog.  A big raccoon will tear a dog apart.  They have teeth like needles, plus they can carry rabies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Ouch! Glad you didn't break anything.