Honored Contributor

Damar Hamlin is off the ventilator

[ Edited ]

Damar Hamlin is off the ventilator and is able to speak now. Good news. He was able to place a call to his teammates. It was a video call.

Respected Contributor

Re: Damar Hamlin is off the ventilator

VERY good news! He's been in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Mindy D , and @vermint , wonderful news.   May the progress and prayers continue.

Respected Contributor

That's great news!

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent news for this young man and his family.  I hope he continues to get stronger and better each day.  

Esteemed Contributor

My hope is that he somehow had very minimal damage done to his heart and lungs. It appears, from what I have heard that doctors have said, his cognitive skills seem to be pretty good.

I know it's pretty early, but from where he was, to where he is now! Seems like a very long way in his recovery. 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Recovering from chest trauma after aggressive CPR is a major deal; cracked sternum, broken ribs, major bruising, etc.  

Respected Contributor

Wonderful news !  I understand he was on a video call with his team mates today! What a blessing !  So many prayers for this young man and they were answered.

Respected Contributor

Amazon.com: "God Is Good All the Time"- Inspirational Rustic Wall Art- 8 x  10"- Bible Verse Print- Ready to Frame. Home-Kitchen Decor. 2 Corinthians  9:8 Verse. Perfect Christian Gift. Printed on Photo

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

If anybody would recover, you'd think it would be a very fit 24 year old guy.....so, of course, this is great news. He seems like such a nice guy, too ( based on video footage they keep showing on the news). This is great news for the guy that tackled him, too. My heart totally went out to him.