Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Greetings to you all! May the peace of the Risen Lord be with you all! Today’s blessings for me – had no time before, but got my homework done for tonight’s bible study. Was so tired after that, I took a nap, another blessing because now I feel more alert and ready to go! Can’t forget the blessing of our friends, Ray and Ann, who pick me up for the bible study on Monday nights. They are such a blessing to us! Now I’d like to ask you all to please pray for Bernice, a friend of mine, who just emailed me that she has cancer in the other breast now and will have surgery soon, she has been through a lot! Thank you!
God gives abundantly to those who pass His gifts on to others. Lord, let
Your blessings flow in to me and then out from me. I will neither be selfish
nor let my gifts stagnate.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the
things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set
their minds on the things of the Spirit." ~Romans 8:5

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

God can draw us all closer to God in the bonds of the spirit. God
would have all people drawn closer to each other in the bonds of the
spirit. God, the great spirit of the universe, of which each of our
spirits is a part, wants unity with God and all God's children.
"Unity of the spirit in the bonds of peace." Each experience of our
life, of joy, of sorrow, of danger, of safety, of difficulty, of
success, of hardship, of ease, each can be accepted as part of our
common lot, n the bonds of the spirit.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may welcome the bonds of true fellowship. I pray that I
may be brought closer to unity with God and other people.
Today's readings 4/6/15
Acts 2:14, 22-33; Ps.16:1-2, 5, 7-11; Mt.28:8-15
As the Resurrection Story continues to unfold in our lives there will be times when we find ourselves "fearful yet overjoyed" at the same time much like the women we read about in today's Gospel were when they experienced the Empty Tomb. But the transition from fear to joy takes time because fear is a powerful emotion that the enemy of our souls takes full advantage of, and as these readings make clear the only way to drive that spirit of fear out is to become filled with the Spirit of God. It's important to remember that the Peter we hear from in our first reading is a far cry from the Peter who denied His Master at His arrest and huddled in fear with the rest of the apostles after Jesus was crucified. Here we find a man filled with the Holy Spirit boldly proclaiming the Truth to the very people who crucified His Master, but that transition from fear to boldness didn't happen overnight. After His Resurrection Jesus appeared to His disciples several times, and even though they ate with Him and touched Him the same doubt and fear that St.Thomas became famous for continued to bind St.Peter until the Day of Pentecost. The truth is we're all going to have to transition from fear to boldness in one way or another, and just as Jesus did for the women in today's Gospel He will meet us "along the way" as well. So let us embrace those moments when they occur and take full advantage of the grace of conversion and holy boldness they offer us as the Power of the Resurrection continues to slowly but surely transform us.
God bless you,
In Jesus – Pat
WHEN THE WORLD FORGETS...
who you are,
to share your pain,
to be kind,
to be compassionate,
to smile,
to lift a helping hand,
the sick,
the lonely,
the frazzled, worn, caretaker,
to understand,
to love,
to say "Good Morning",
to let us remember,
to say, "I Love You",
to let us forget,
to say, "Good Night",
to show they care,
to be our friend,
to listen,
to hear,
to speak,
to give gifts of kindness,
to always be there for us,

...God always remembers.

~~Author Unknown~~

You Shall Not Want
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1
To the lost sheep, He is the seeking Shepherd;
To the needy sheep, He is the providing Shepherd;
To the hurting sheep, He is the comforting Shepherd;
To the bruised sheep, He is the healing Shepherd;
To the anxious sheep, He is the peaceful Shepherd;
To the wandering sheep, He is the guiding Shepherd;
To the fearful sheep, He is the protecting Shepherd;
To the lame sheep, He is the carrying Shepherd;
To the discontented sheep, He is the fulfilling Shepherd;
To the parched sheep, He is the anointing Shepherd;
To the timid sheep, He is the reassuring Shepherd;
To the fallen sheep, He is the merciful Shepherd;
To the nervous sheep, He is the quieting Shepherd;
To the heavy laden sheep, He is the restful Shepherd;
To the lonely sheep, He is the ever-present Shepherd;
To the weary sheep, He is the restoring Shepherd;
To all His sheep, He is the Good Shepherd.

April 6

Bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Take nothing for granted, not even the rising of the sun. Before Satan tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden, thankfulness was as natural as breathing. Satan’s temptation involved pointing Eve to the one thing that was forbidden her. The garden was filled with luscious, desirable fruits, but Eve focused on the one fruit she couldn’t have rather than being thankful for the many good things freely available. This negative focus darkened her mind, and she succumbed to temptation.

When you focus on what you don’t have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, flowers, and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life until that is “fixed.”

When you approach Me with thanksgiving, the Light of My Presence pours into you, transforming you through and through. Walk in the Light with Me by practicing the discipline of thanksgiving.

I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord.
—Psalm 116:17 nkjv

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman.
—Genesis 3:2–4

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
—1 John 1:7 – From Jesus Calling
Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Gloria, as a breast cancer survivor myself I have prayed for your friend Bernice. May Jesus heal her and may she recover quickly.

Blessings to all who post here or read. May God answer all your prayers.

My son cooked Easter dinner and it was very good. He is a roofer, but loves to cook and is good. The grandkids were here as well as my son's girl friend. It was a lovely day and a blessing. Another blessing is that I am going to church with my friend again on Wed night. She goes to a very nice church.

Loves to paint, can you paint me another picture of Jesus? I want to frame it. Thank you very much.

Have a good day....

Honored Contributor

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...."

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

I will be praying for Bernice, Gloria.

Bobbiesue, do you want me to send you another Easter card?

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Heart Touching's photo.Thank you for praying for Bernice. Just found out now that the couple we're supposed to play cards with Thursday - his wife is in the hospital, mass on the brain, Thursday - surgery and could be malignant. Please pray for Ann.

Esteemed Contributor

Hello To All!

I am very thankful and grateful for the many blessing I have and had have. We had nice weather yesterday. Received a vaccination (such a wonderful country that cares for its people), went strolling in a new shopping area with my husband. Purchased a 'find' or two. I had some clarity on a situation which gave me peace. Of course I will keep your friend Ann and her husband in ny highest and best of thoughts along with the others that people have requested.

I give thank for this very blessed nation, our outstanding troops, liberties, privileges, freedoms. Be at peace, know you are loved.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Praying for Ann.
Valued Contributor

rayers for Bernice and Ann. Gloria, I hope they both have a quick and complete recovery.

I spent time this morning at my volunteer job. I started two weeks ago, and spend an hour or so getting things ready to sell in a thrift shop in town. Tuesday mornings are my time to be there, and the ladies are mainly people I know from church. Very nice and good to work with.

Hello to Harlene, Julie, Bobbiesue, Love Roses, and anyone I may have missed. Harlene, I did get your email, and the same one from Gloria but haven't had a chance to open them. Just wanted you to know they're here. Time to feed some kitties, so I'll check in tomorrow. pinky

Esteemed Contributor

Anika - I like that picture of Jesus as the Good Shepherd, that He surely is. Feel free to post with us anytime.

Bobbiesue - forgot you are a breast cancer survivor, so is my oldest sister, but her daughter didn't survive. She died at 45. I was very close to her.

Love Roses - Nice to go shopping and enjoy it finding a good bargain, and especially with your husband. Usually they don't like to go shopping! I bet I'd truly LOVE your weather!! Thanks for posting.

Julie - I love that quote - isn't it the truth? Someone on my list has that by her name, and she's blind, and a wonderful person she is. It's nice they can make things for the blind that she can read my list and all things from the computer. She loves my list. She lives in Canada, but her home is Lebanon, and she goes there yearly to visit for a few months. Thanks for your post.

Pinky - First of all, thanks for your prayers, and I'm so glad you like your volunteer job, I think I would too, in a thrift store. Enjoy your time there and with others. Thanks for posting.