of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good
work and as you grow in the knowledge of God." ~Colossians 1:9-10

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

We can bow to God's will in anticipation of the thing happening which
will, in the long run, be the best for all concerned. It may not
always seem the best thing at the present time, but we cannot see as
far ahead as God can. We do not know how God's plans are laid, we only
need to believe that if we trust God and accept whatever happens,
things will work out for the best in the end.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that I may not ask to see the distant scene. I pray that one
step may be enough for me.

Hello my friends! Hope your day is going well. We still have sunshine here, love it! It's so nice to be eating our meals in the porch and watching the birds. Do you have so many grackles too? Those black bigger birds with shiny heads? They are so messy! Wish to see the cardinals come back - remember the first bird we saw this spring was a cardinal, but they are scarce. Today my blessings would be just a nice, relaxing day, I had a nap and didn't get much else done - we had a delicious salad for supper tonight, oatmeal for breakfast and so not any cooking today. I know I should get busy with cleaning out closets etc. for getting the house ready for sale, maybe on Friday when Linus has the day off and we can do that together. His feet were not bad again today with his new shoes - he's not wearing those other ones anymore that made his feet hurt so bad. But six hours is plenty for him. Saturday he works nine hours! Really have to pray for him that day - he'll bring along another pair of shoes. It's Demo day at Northern Tools, Discounts, venders come, and lots and lots of people! They have that once a year. Sorry to be blabbling so much here, I'd best get on with the inspirations.

Homily of the Day

April 13, 2011

I Could Never Do That!
by Monsignor Dennis Clark, Ph.D.
Dn 3:14-20,91-92,95 / Jn 8:31-42

Throughout history there are abundant examples of people who succumbed to the threats and torments of torturers and confessed to all manner of non-existent crimes or agreed to do all kinds of dreadful things that were contrary to their beliefs. How overwhelming and paralyzing their fears must have been. We can only wonder what we’d have done in their place.

But once in awhile we confront real heroes, like the three young men in today’s reading from the prophet Daniel. Standing at the very door of a raging furnace, they spoke to the king, “If God will save us from the white-hot furnace, may he do so. But even if he will not, we will not worship the golden statue which you set up.”

“I could never do that,” we say and we’re right. We couldn’t, but God living and working deep within us can do that, if we give him free rein. Remember what St. Paul said, “I can do all things in him who strengthens me.” And so can we, but first we have to ask, and ask honestly, with all our heart: “Strengthen me Lord to do your will.”

That is a prayer, when prayed wholeheartedly, that is always answered!

Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?

This is one I can honestly say I have never seen circulating in the e-mails so; I'll start it, if it touches you and you want to forward it.

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed this....

The Gospel of John (20:7) tells us that the napkin, which was placed over the face of Jesus, was not just thrown aside like the grave clothes.

The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed at the head of that stony coffin.

Early Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance.

She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, 'They have taken the Lord's body out of the tomb, and I don't know where they have put him!'

Peter and the other disciple ran to the tomb to see. The other disciple out ran Peter and got there first. He stopped and looked in and saw the linen cloth lying there, but he didn't go in.

Then Simon Peter arrived and went inside. He also noticed the linen wrappings lying there, while the cloth that had covered Jesus' head was folded up and lying to the side.

Was that important? Absolutely!
Is it really significant? Yes!

In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day.
The folded napkin had to do with the Master and Servant, and every
Jewish boy knew this tradition.

When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it.

The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating, and the servant would not dare touch that table, until the master was finished..

Now if the master were done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard, and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table.

The servant would then know to clear the table. For in those days, the wadded napkin m eant, "I'm finished.."

But if the master got up from the table, and folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate, the servant would not dare touch the table, because..........

The folded napkin meant,
"I'm coming back!"

Rules For Daily Life

Begin the day with God
Kneel down to Him in prayer;
Lift up thy heart to His abode.
And seek His love to share.

Open the Book of God
And read a portion there;
That it may hallow all thy thoughts,
And sweeten all thy care.

Go through the day with God
Whate'er thy work may be;
Where'er thou art-at home, abroad,
He still is near to thee.

Converse in the mind with God
Thy spirit heavenward raise:
Acknowledge every good bestowed,
And offer grateful praise.

Conclude the day with God
Thy sins to Him confess;
Trust in the Lord's atoning blood,
And plead His righteousness.

Lie down at night with God
Who gives His servants sleep;
And when thou tread´st the vale of death,
He will thee guard and keep.

Pass this inspiration on ...

- Author Unknown

Rules For Daily Life

Begin the day with God
Kneel down to Him in prayer;
Lift up thy heart to His abode.
And seek His love to share.

Open the Book of God
And read a portion there;
That it may hallow all thy thoughts,
And sweeten all thy care.

Go through the day with God
Whate'er thy work may be;
Where'er thou art-at home, abroad,
He still is near to thee.

Converse in the mind with God
Thy spirit heavenward raise:
Acknowledge every good bestowed,
And offer grateful praise.

Conclude the day with God
Thy sins to Him confess;
Trust in the Lord's atoning blood,
And plead His righteousness.

Lie down at night with God
Who gives His servants sleep;
And when thou tread´st the vale of death,
He will thee guard and keep.

Pass this inspiration on ...

- Author Unknown

The Car Battery

Beth and Margie, two teenage sisters, had enjoyed shopping in the large shopping mall. But by the time they were ready to leave, it was dark. Standing at the mall exit, they could hardly see the outline of the car, the only one left in that section of the dimly lit parking lot.

The girls were nervous as they waited, hoping a few customers would come along so they could all walk out together. They remembered their father's warning, "Don't be too late!" Margie shifted her packages, pushed open the door, and walked as fast as she could. Beth followed glancing from side to side. They made it!

Beth shoved the key into the car lock, got in, and reached across to open Margie's door. Just then the girls heard the sound of running feet behind them. When Margie looked around, two ominous-looking men were running towards them.

"You're not going anywhere!" one shouted. Margie screamed. Terrified, she scrambled inside and locked the doors just in time. With shaking fingers, Beth turned the ignition and nothing happened. She did it again and nothing happened. The only sound they heard was the key clicking in silence.

"Beth, try again!" Margie was frantic. The men were pulling the door handles, pushing at the windows. "It won't start!" Beth cried. The girls knew they only had seconds of safety remaining.

Quickly, they joined hands in prayer. "Dear God," Margie pleaded, "give us a miracle, in the name of Jesus!" Once more, Beth turned the key. This time the engine roared to life. She shifted into gear and raced out of the parking lot, leaving the men behind.

The girls wept all the way home, shocked and relieved at the same time. They screeched down the driveway to the garage, stumbled into the safety of their house, and told their father what had happened. He held them both close. "You're safe and that's the main thing," he soothed them.

"It's strange though, the car has never failed to start before. I'll check it out tomorrow."

Early the next morning, he raised the car's hood to look at the starter. And in one stunned glance, he realized Who had brought his daughters safely home the previous night for there was no battery in the car.

NOT YET
Author Unknown

Sometimes I ask the question, "My Lord, is this your will?" It's then
I hear you answer me, "My Precious Child ... be still."

Sometimes I feel frustrated, cause I think I know what's best. It's
then I hear you say to me, "My Busy Child ... just rest"

Sometimes I feel so lonely and I think I'd like a mate. Your still
small voice gets oh so clear and says, "My Child ... please wait"

"I know the plans I have for you, the wondrous things you'll see; If
you can just be patient, Child, and put your trust in me.

I've plans to draw you closer. I've plans to help you grow. There's
much I do you cannot see and much you do not know.

But know This, Child ..... I LOVE YOU. You are Precious unto Me.
Before I formed you in the womb, I planned your destiny.

I've something very special I hope for you to learn. The gifts I wish
to give to you are gifts you cannot earn.

They come without a price tag, but not without a cost; at Calvary, I
gave My Son, so You would not be lost.

Rest Child, and do not weary of doing what is good. I promise I'll
come back for you just like I said I would.

Your name is written on my palm, I never could forget; Therefore, do
not be discouraged when my answer is... "Not Yet"

Inspirational:

A little bird I am,
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there;

Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.

My cage confines me round,
Abroad I cannot fly,
But though my wing is closely bound,
My soul is at liberty;

For prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of the soul.

I have learnt to love the darkness of sorrow; there you see the brightness of His face.
--Madame Guyon

AND THEY CRUCIFIED HIM
By C. Truman Davis
April 13, 2011

A medical doctor provides a physical description:

The cross is placed on the ground and the exhausted man is quickly
thrown backwards with his shoulders against the wood. The legionnaire
feels for the depression at the front of the wrist. He drives a heavy,
square wrought-iron
nail through the wrist deep into the wood. Quickly he moves to the
other side and repeats the action, being careful not to pull the arms
too tightly, but to allow some flex and movement. The cross is then
lifted into place. The left foot is pressed backward against the right
foot, and with both feet extended, toes down, a nail is driven through
the arch of each, leaving the knees flexed. The victim is now
crucified.

As he slowly sags down with more weight on the nails in the wrists,
excruciating fiery pain shoots along the fingers and up the arms to
explode in the brain -- the nails in the wrists are putting pressure
on the median
nerves. As he pushes himself upward to avoid this stretching torment,
he places the full weight on the nail through his feet. Again he feels
the searing agony of the nail tearing through the nerves between the
bones of his feet.

As the arms fatigue, cramps sweep through his muscles, knotting them
deep relentless, and throbbing pain. With these cramps comes the
inability to push himself upward to breathe. Air can be drawn into the
lungs but not exhaled. He fights to raise himself in order to get even
one small breath.

Finally, carbon dioxide builds up in the lungs and in the blood
stream, and the cramps partially subsided. Spasmodically, he is able
to push himself upward to exhale and bring in life-giving oxygen.

Hours of limitless pain, cycles of twisting, joint-renting cramps,
intermittent partial asphyxiation, searing pain as tissue is torn from
his lacerated back as he moves up and down against rough timber. Then
another agony begins: a deep, crushing pain deep in the chest as the
pericardium slowly fills with serum and begins to compress the heart.

It is now almost over. The loss of tissue fluids has reached a
critical level. The compressed heart is struggling to pump heavy,
thick, sluggish blood into the tissues. The tortured lungs are making
frantic effort to gasp in small gulps of air. He can feel the chill of
death creeping through his tissues.

Finally, he allows his body to die.

All this the Bible records with the simple words, "and they crucified
Him" (Mark 15:24).

Closing prayer:
Prayer to Imitate the Suffering Christ

O Jesus, you have called me to suffer because you on your part suffered for me, leaving me an example that I might follow. When you were insulted, you did not return the insult. When you were mistreated, you did not counter with threats but entrusted yourself to the One who judges justly. By your wounds we are healed. Help me to imitate you in suffering. Let me break with sin by means of my sufferings, so that I may no longer live according to the lusts of sinners but according to the will of the Father. Since you yourself have suffered and been tempted, I know that you are able to bring aid to all who suffer and are tempted. I entrust myself to you and to the Father, my Creator, knowing that you will never fail me. Amen.

Good night all and sweet dreams - may your Thursday be filled with more and more blessings given to you by our Lord Himself. God bless you all - you are all in my daily prayers.