Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends! Hope you all are having a great Friday evening and night! We will just stay home and relax, he's done working now, and is grocery shopping, so he'll want to stay home, I'm sure. I took care of Ollie today, and he was a good boy!! (dog) When Lori goes to Guatemala Feb. 14th, I'll have both Ollie and Phoebe (cat) here for two weeks and with Sammy, that makes three animals! We've done it before, it works out. Today's blessings are good food to eat, we'll have some ham that Linus got for a Christmas gift from the place he works, and many friends to communicate with - and we are awaiting good news about Jan's surgery. Just got an email she went in surgery at 2:30 PM, it'll be a few hours. Praying the cancer is all out by now! Praying for you all for all your intentions daily!

When you need to calm your emotions, stop and turn your attention
to God. Lord, I know that You are my help right now and will show me
simple answers to what seems complicated and impossible.

S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be
like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the
floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not
fall, because it had been founded on rock." ~Matthew 7:24-25

M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y

With God's help, I can build a protective screen around myself which
can keep out all evil thoughts. I can fashion it out of my attitude
toward God and my attitude toward other people. When one worrying or
impatient thought enters my mind, I can put it out at once. I know
that love and trust are the solvents for the worry and frets of life.
I can use them to form a protective screen around me.

P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y

I pray that frets and impatience and worry may not corrode my
protective screen against all evil thoughts. I pray that I may banish
all these from my life.

Psalm 23 For The Computer Age

The Lord is my Programmer, I shall not crash.

He installed His software on the hard disk of my heart; all of His commands are user-friendly.

His directory guides me to the right choices for His name's sake.

Even though I scroll through the problems of life, I will fear no bugs, for He is my backup. His password protects me.

He prepares a menu before me in the presence of my enemies. His help is only a keystroke away.

Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and my file will be merged with His and saved forever.

Amen.

- Author Unknown

PRACTICING

I once heard a psychologist speak to a group of parents who were frustrated by their teenaged children's undesirable behaviours. The psychologist explained, "Your adolescents are practicing to be adults, and they aren't very good at it yet."

Those words stayed with me. Not only did they enable me to be more patient with my son through his teenage years, but also I draw on them today in relation to my own maturing in Christ. I am practicing to be a good Christian, but I often demonstrate that I'm not very good at it yet. Fortunately, God is more patient with me than I was able to be as a parent.

Now when I do fail, I ask my loved ones to be patient with me. Just as teenagers usually grow up to be responsible adults, I am hoping -- with God's help -- to become a more mature Christian.

Prayer: Dear Lord, forgive us when we fall short of your expectations for us. Help us to become the people you want us to be. Amen.

-- Doris L. Mueller

Your Word, My Heart

Dear God,

I'll hide Your Word within my heart
To call upon each day
To calm me when the trials appear,
Or trouble comes my way.

I'll remember how You promised me
That all things work for good
I'll be steadfast in my prayers
And have faith, the way I should.

My very life is in Your hands,
My heart is Yours to mold
Each part of me belongs to You,
(A story to unfold).

Forgive me when I fail to live
The way You want me to
Restore in me, undying faith
And make me more like You.

Amen.

January 16

Come to Me, and rest in My loving Presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you—now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to Me, and relax in My Peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
—Matthew 11:28–30

“No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you… Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
—Joshua 1:5, 9 - From Jesus Calling

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello 'GLORIAJEAN', and all of the posters on Among Friends~

I hope that rac71 does come back, if only to read these beautiful words from our God.

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest"

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord, you God will be with you wherever you go".

God Bless each person and their families and friends.

I ask this in the name of our Father, our Lord, Jesus Christ.

God Bless `rac71` having God touch her through this stressful time.

Amen.

Super Contributor

I haven't had a chance to post the past couple of days but since Gloria already has Saturday up, I thought I'd post here instead of Friday.

Gloria, I've been praying for Jan so I await a good report of her surgery. You for sure will have a house full of critters before long. I'm glad they get along as well as they do. I remember when Ollie first came along, you would talk about how he wore Sammy out with all his energy. lol I guess I missed why Lori is going to Guatemala, vacation?

This is my first time seeing you, Not an easy sale. Glad to see your post and your lovely prayer, thank you!

Harlene, we got your sweet card today that you sent Aidan. Hopefully we will see him tomorrow and I can give it to him. I will tell him about my sweet friend that is a very talented artist.

My knee is getting better and I thank you for your prayers. Aidan didn't get a cast when he went to the DR the other day, arm is still too swollen so they will try for next week. He is much better and pretty much back to his old self. Thank you all for your prayers for my precious angel.

Be still, and know.
Esteemed Contributor

Naes - Just using your initials here - Even if rac71 doesn't come back just yet, she is covered in prayer! Praise the Lord for all who are praying so hard for her Mom, and her,too. She is surely going thru a hard time right now, and not feeling up to posting or being in the hospital with her dear Mom. Anyway, they both are covered with prayer, those are good scriptures to go by! Thanks for posting them. I am sure right now through all our prayers God has wrapped both rac and her Mom in His loving Arms and comforting while healing.

Lucy - I missed you!! We just a few minutes ago got a good report on Jan. Surgery was successful, they got it all out, and no more further treatment is necessary!! We are so very thankful for the answer to prayer! Glad your precious grandson is getting better, and in good spirits. Prayers work wonders, don't they? Love your Prayer of a Thankful Heart! Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/16/2015 LucysNewYear said:

I haven't had a chance to post the past couple of days but since Gloria already has Saturday up, I thought I'd post here instead of Friday.

Gloria, I've been praying for Jan so I await a good report of her surgery. You for sure will have a house full of critters before long. I'm glad they get along as well as they do. I remember when Ollie first came along, you would talk about how he wore Sammy out with all his energy. lol I guess I missed why Lori is going to Guatemala, vacation?

This is my first time seeing you, Not an easy sale. Glad to see your post and your lovely prayer, thank you!

Harlene, we got your sweet card today that you sent Aidan. Hopefully we will see him tomorrow and I can give it to him. I will tell him about my sweet friend that is a very talented artist.

My knee is getting better and I thank you for your prayers. Aidan didn't get a cast when he went to the DR the other day, arm is still too swollen so they will try for next week. He is much better and pretty much back to his old self. Thank you all for your prayers for my precious angel.

Hello LucysNewYear,

Firstly, I savor all beautiful posted uplifting messages, as the one you have given to us.

I hand write, copy and memorize for all friends or write them out in artistic cards. My father and mother ~always~ loved Corrie ten Boon when she frequented the Billy Graham's t v sermons ......years ago. Although she would have been much older than me when I first hear her name, I love to read all of her appearances, from the 'classics' and appreciate, along with having so much respect for Corrie ten Boon messages and books that were gathered from the family.

Yes, I would think that for some, I am new ( here), but to others: Pet Lovers, Health an occasional Viewpoint chime in with some discussions. I seldom do come on everyday due to scheduling time, so I will be a, at least, twice a week -poster. I have been here reading but have missed so many other forums, by choice.........this one is a KEEPER!

I had told rac71 I would take [this] over to Among Friends, so that we could have a more comforting forum from the menu.......ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL IN HOW I AM MEETING THE NICEST PEOPLE~

**I WAS SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED TO LOOK BACK ON 'health' AND NOT HAVE ANYONE, FROM THE 3+ YEARS I HAVE BEEN ON. -> NOT TO REPLY. BUT! I never dwell on the behavior of most people. I have great empathy for so many aquaintances- here and in real life.

I can bring something that may be more meaningful than trival chitchat. So, I will come to KNOW everyone, very soon. I am waiting -maybe more into prayers, for rac71 and those whom I have come to understand and trust. Thank you for reading. Lovingly, _Naes

Valued Contributor

Good Morning!

Not an easy sale: Welcome! I hope you'll post as often as possible. These ladies are the best! I don't know the poster rac71, but hope she'll join in too.

Gloria: Great news about Jan's surgery!! Hope you find the perfect boots. I needed a warmer pair, and was lucky to find cute ones as well.

Lucy: Hope your grandson heals well, and quickly.

I was home yesterday, and may be today. It's gotten so cold overnight, that unless it gets back into the 20's, I'll be hibernating! Can't take the 5 degrees we're at right now.

The first piece that was posted today was one I was hoping to see for awhile now. I have had such blessings showered on me due to prayers to the Holy Spirit. I have had anxiety issues my whole life, and by the grace of the Spirit, they have vanished. It's incredible to feel calm and at peace,and I hope this will encourage anyone suffering with it, not to give up. Your prayers WILL be answered! I hesitate to post things at times, as I don't want to sound preachy, but this is too important to leave out. There have been times I've prayed to not take the situation away, but change my reaction to it. Not only did peace and calm take over, but the situation passed with the potential problem gone. Hope this may help someone.....

Have a good weekend everyone! Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

So happy to hear the good news about Jan. Lucy happy to hear little Aidan is feeling better. Hoping and praying to hear good news about Rac71's mom. Blessings to all. Harlene(lovestopaint)
Esteemed Contributor

Nais - How did you happen upon that nic? Your friends are fortunate to receive your artistic cards! You put so much of you into them. How long have you known rac71? Maybe she never saw our acknowledging her dear Mom in prayer - or maybe she won't be back? Still praying for her Mom for healing - all according to God's Will. Over here you do meet the nicest people, I would think, it's more peaceful here. Waiting to get to know you better.

Pinky Ann - That's a wonderful sharing about your anxiety issues vanished by the grace of the Holy Spirit! Wow! Please, dear Pinky, do NOT hesitate to post things - you won't sound preachy, but informative, and we welcome that! Don't hesitate but post as the Holy Spirit leads you too, please do! I'm so happy for your peace and calm - we all need that. Looking forward to your next post as you post what God wants you to, never mind anyone else, it's all for His Glory!

Harlene - thanks - yours and others prayers work miracles!! Praying of all your needs too, my dear friend!