Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Peace of the New Year to you all! My blessings today was first off, a powerful Mass at 9 AM, great homily, great singing! Then I made some coconut pancakes, and a bit later Lori invited me to go shopping - bought a pair of black boots, high ones, my first time with high boots! I think they look so nice, and so many are wearing them around here, Texas too. Then my husband racked the wine, said it tastes pretty good - another blessing! It's cranberry/apple. So this New Year's Day was just my cup of tea! Jesus Calling on next post:
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

From Jesus Calling for Jan. 2nd RELAX IN MY HEALING PRESENCE. As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to todays plans and problems. Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal. Let the light of my presence soak into you as you focus your thoughts on Me. Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings. This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you. Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you. Ps.105:4 Luke 10:39-42
Valued Contributor

Hi Gloria, and all who may post later!

We had a very quiet day yesterday. It was pretty windy outside most of the day, and kept me indoors as I felt chilly as it was. I did get my exercises done, and hope they will again be just a regular part of my day.

This morning I need to go to town for a few minutes. It'll be nice to have things back to normal again, as much as I do like the holidays. This time of year is great to go through and pare down things, and I plan to keep up that tradition. Not much else going on right now...

Sending all of our posters and readers wishes for a good weekend. Hugs, pinky

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone....Hope your day goes well. Blessings to you all.....

Esteemed Contributor

Patrick's Reflection for today: Today's readings 1/2/15 1Jn.2:22-28; Ps.98:1-4; Jn.1:19-28 Having just celebrated the Birth of Christ we all know that the prophetic words spoken by John the Baptist in today's Gospel have been fulfilled. We know that "The One who is to come after me" has come, fulfilled His Ministry and returned to Our Father in Heaven, but we also know that He will return again one Day, and I believe today's readings try to focus our attention on that Truth. In our first reading St.John urges us to hold fast to the Eternal Truths that have been revealed to us, Truths that clearly give witness to the "Marvelous Deeds and Great Victories" our psalmist rejoices in. Over 2000 years have passed since Jesus walked among us in the flesh but not a single one of those Deeds or Victories have changed, like our psalmist says "God has made His Victory known" and the world can't do anything about it, and if we hold fast to that Truth we "will not be put to shame by Him at His Coming". No one knows when that Day will be, all we can do is follow our saint's advice and "remain in Him" by the grace given to us and refuse to allow "those who would deceive you" to tell us otherwise. That, my friends is a New Year's resolution that every Christian should make and do their best to keep. God bless you, In Jesus - Pat
Esteemed Contributor

A N E W Y E A R P R A Y E R A whole new year is mine today May I be wiser, Lord, I pray! I'd strengthen friendships, old and true, And learn to cherish new ones, too; To keep on learning and to grow A little better as I go. To cast aside each grudge and grief. And hold fast to a firm belief That life is joyous, gracious, good When lived in terms of brotherhood! To welcome fun, and play a while, To lighten work with a happy smile! To thank the Lord and every day Remember Him, and kneel to pray In gratitude for strength and health And blessings which are all my wealth! This year's a gift from God to me To spend, or use, or set me free.. A whole new year is mine today May I be wiser, Lord, I pray!
Esteemed Contributor

Faith is what lifts me to the level of possibility and opens the door to God's promises. Lord, continue to strengthen my belief and bless me with unyielding faith. S C R I P T U R E F O R T H E D A Y "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30 M E D I T A T I O N F O R T H E D A Y I can believe that fundamentally all is well. Good things can happen to me. I believe that God cares for me and will provide for me. I need not try to plan ahead. I know that the way will unfold, step by step. I can leave tomorrow's burden to God, because God is the great burden-bearer. God only expects me to carry my one-day's share. P R A Y E R F O R T H E D A Y I pray that I may not try to carry the burden of the universe on my shoulders. I pray that I may be satisfied to do my share each day.
Super Contributor

Good afternoon!

It is a rainy, dreary day here. I sure will be glad to see Mr. Sun and I'm already looking forward to March, spring time!

I've lost track of time what with my husband and 2 grandsons home yesterday. It seemed like Saturday so it wasn't any wonder I had to think for a second and figure out that today was Friday when looking for today's posts.

We spent a good part of yesterday taking down the tree and putting everything away. Since we have a fresh tree every year, it is a mess to clean up after. I'll still find tree needles 6 months from now. lol

Not much more to say so I'll hush. Peace and blessings to all.

Be still, and know.
Super Contributor

Be still, and know.
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful prayer, Lucy!! I got my computer back today - Praise God!

The tablet helped alot, but when I deleted all from the tablet, I didn't know it would all be deleted from the computer too, so I asked Nadine to send me the list again for today so I have something for the thread tonight. She just did! We're eight hours apart, and she's so efficient! She's going to bed now - it's 1:52 here in the afternoon. Late there.

Pinky Ann - it's really cold here in MN - will be below zero all week. No snow in the forecast yet, we don't have much snow now - a lot of it melted while we were gone! Exercise is what we are going to be doing soon - Linus will sign us up at the Senior Center for their machines. Maybe we'll go there 3 times a week. My treadmill is in the garage, but it's so cold there, and he says it costs too much to heat it up, it's down to 40 degrees and he doesn't want us to get sick.

Julie - You're lucky you can take your dogs along and they stay in the car fine, Lori can do that too with Ollie, her rat terrior, but not Sammy - no way! He'd be so petrified and he's already 10 years old. He doesn't mind staying home and greeting us when we return. I emailed you back.