Respected Contributor

Re: 😲 DOJ has filed suit against Apple! 😮

I'm an investor. 

Apple stock has been doing wackey price flutuations.

Short sellers usually don't monkey around with these big names.

Someone got wind of the pending DOJ action. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

So much for free enterprise we used to enjoy.

Our government is trying to control our gas stoves, our vehicles wanting electric only... with batteries that catch fire and burn down our house when parked in the garage and now our electronics devices.

Wherever you are getting your news you are being misinformed.  Last year there were 1529.9 fires per 100k gas vehicles and just 25.1 fires per 100k vehicles for electric vehicles.  Do you not care about the environment?  Oh and our government is not trying to control our gas stoves, fake news again.  You're completely missing the point on the suit against Apple.  Time to change your news outlets.

Contributor

@Biftu Thank you for posting accurate information.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Our government is trying to control our gas stoves, our vehicles wanting electric only... with batteries that catch fire and burn down our house when parked in the garage and now our electronics devices.

Wherever you are getting your news you are being misinformed.  Last year there were 1529.9 fires per 100k gas vehicles and just 25.1 fires per 100k vehicles for electric vehicles.  Do you not care about the environment?  Oh and our government is not trying to control our gas stoves, fake news again.  You're completely missing the point on the suit against Apple.  Time to change your news outlets.

@Carmie  @Biftu  

The top cause of vehicle fires is rotted fuel lines that leak gasoline or diesel onto hot engine parts.  EVs are much less likely to catch fire than gasoline or diesel vehicles.  EV fires receive more media attention because they are more RARE.  When something is more common, like gasoline fueled car fires, it is not news.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have been an Apple user since 1999.  DOJ has a very strong case.  Since both have very deep pockets ($$$), Apple can drag out a court case for decades through appeals if they lose. 

Hopefully, this will be settled out of court by Apple lowering their prices on ALL their products (OS & iOS) not just for iPhones.

I don't know @Mz iMac I don't think consumers will see any money.  I think the case is about apps and accessories.  I think all Apple has to do to make the case go away is for Apple hardware to work better with these other things.  Maybe you won the Powerball tonight?  Tomorrow we get a chance at the Megamillions.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  @Biftu  

The top cause of vehicle fires is rotted fuel lines that leak gasoline or diesel onto hot engine parts.  EVs are much less likely to catch fire than gasoline or diesel vehicles.  EV fires receive more media attention because they are more RARE.  When something is more common, like gasoline fueled car fires, it is not news.

I do agree that gas engines catch fire.  

But, electric batteries are more likely to catch fire in your home or garage without warning.

You can avoid gas fire with proper maintance of your car.

Those electric scooters for those with disabilities, hover boards, cars, e-bikes and electronics do catch fire and it is not very rare. These batteries explode, they just don't catch fire. There is no proper maintenance that will prevent this from happening. 

Some of these explosions are do to user error, but manufacturer defects are to blame as well. People have no way to know the battery is faulty.

I would never, ever park an electric car in my garage or store anything with a lithium battery in my garage. I am always careful with my electronics too.

These fires are fatal because no one expects this to happen.  They might be okay in the future, but right now, they need work.

What news outlet should I tune in to?  Should I ignore the news that shows fires burning apartment buildings and killing the occupants inside because their scooter battery caught fire?  Is this fake news?

There are many, many more gas powered vehicles in the US than there is electric vehicles, so of course there will be more gas fires....makes sense.

Gas stoves are already banned in new buildings in NYC and also other cities and in California.  Not fake news.

Our environment would be better helped if polyester and plastic was banned.  No one cares about that.  This plastic is already way out of control.  It's in our water,food sources, soils and bodies.

We have a long way to go.....follow the money.  Some things just will never get done and other things will be forced upon us.

Honored Contributor

Apple's been pushing their luck for decades. Microsoft gets dragged into court almost weekly for something "anti-competitive" and they're many times more open than Apple. I suspect this will get settled quietly with Apple agreeing to pay a fine but still going about their business the same as always. Apple has many powerful friends in government who will look to protect them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie Put that effort into crime maybe?  Organized drug smuggling?  'Ya think?  So they concentrate on Apple. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I guess I am happy to see the DOJ doing something! LOL!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Agree 100%!  The government "broke up" AT&T into Baby Bells and looks what's happened.  The only people who benefit from these antitrust suits are the lawyers. 

And I do think the government has more important items on their agenda than what people cook with--LOL!!!