Honored Contributor

Re: DELIBERATE MISREPRESENTATION?

I've never in my life ever ordered any kind of food from QVC.  Some people loved their food, others hated it.  But I think QVC will refund you if your food doesn't turn out so great.  Since I don't trust QVC for food....I don't order.

What I do is write down the names of the companies.  Head over to Amazon, see they are on it.  Lots of times they are.  If they aren't, I google their websites. They also have other flavors that the QVC presentation doesn't.  I love cranberries, but I never see that flavor on QVC for pastries.  I found Grandma's coffee cake with cranberries on Amazon.  Loved it!  

The only disappointment I had was Honey Belles.  I ordered directly from the growers.  They were OK, but each one seem to taste differently then the other.  Example, one was sweet, then next tart, the next one juicy, the next one pulpy, etc.  Anyway I won't order again.  Hardly anybody in my family liked them.  

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover 

I think it has gotten worse. It may be because of the pressure to sell that more of the hosts seem to know less about the products and do not accurately describe the products. With that said I now do not count on them to tell the truth. 

doxie

Honored Contributor

you could always send a message to the social team to investigate this and possibly remove the word "buttery" from the online description.

if anyone purchased these and are disappointed in the taste, quality, or misleading words "butter" or "buttery," you have a 100% money back guarantee from qvc and you do not have to return the food item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think the OP has a valid point.  It's called TRUTH IN ADVERTISING.  Brick and mortar stores have to be transparent and truthful.  Online companies should have to as well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Dyson Rep is what gets me..... 

She says the cordless will run an hour without a charge, she hangs a vacuum up, turns it on and puts it on a timer.....She says see it runs for a whole hour....But what she doesnt say is thats on a low setting, she doesnt mention what happens on the high setting at all. 

Consumer Reports did extensive research on the run time. They found the long long run times applies only to hard wood floors on a low setting. On a high setting and carpets that have gotten routine use, the run time is only 6 to 10 minutes which coincides with what QVC reviews have said and also comments on the Forum.   Now some will say thats enough time, but not if you have pets that shed their fur, or large carpeted rooms, carpeted stairs and also want to use the attachements to do furniture and drapes.....So I think that demo is disingenuous too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Buttery is also a descriptive word. They describe leather as buttery all the time and there’s no butter there.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Did not see the presentation, however, could it have been the pie crust and lattice strips that were made with butter.

From the listed description:  A perfect addition to your breakfast bar, brunch buffet, or dessert table, these lattice pastries feature a generous apple filling stuffed into a buttery crust. 

@Marp @Someone must think that 'buttery' doesn't mean 'containing butter.' I read the ingredients list and there's no butter in this item. 

Respected Contributor

You should have "trust issues" with EVERY salesman.  Their job is to SELL; to separate you from your hard-earned dollars.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did see that presentation and yes, Rachel did say "your whole house will smell like butter". 

I also saw the pulled pork/chicken presentation.  Rachel could not keep quiet.  She oohed and aahhed and cackled all thru the time Jayne was presenting.  It was Jayne's turn to talk!  That was enough for me.  Don't understand......................

Esteemed Contributor

Found out what she was wearing was a top.  Over $60.  Like it but I will pass.  I checked out the AS IS and it was $35 but only in xs.  Well better luck next time.