Honored Contributor

Stunning pics. The little fawn is just beautiful with her chubby little belly lol. Love the black kitty too!

Respected Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 09/20/2021

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   You know how much I love and appreciate your pictures.  However, I must agree that the composition of the third one is spectacular.  

You could have a cottage industry printing and selling your pictures.  I would love this one.  

Yes, Charlie Chaplin is correct. The feeding and caring goes both ways.  

Woofs to sweet Cricket in heaven.  I hope you take some time dear one, to see your mama's beautiful pictures.  Of course, you are the most adorable.   💕

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl. Gosh, I hope she's not!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick    The picture of the buck in tall grass w/flowers -- picture perfect.  I just noticed the other deer in the background.  You sure get some great shots of the deer. The fawnis slowly losing her spots.  She has beautiful eyes.   Love the saying with the cat.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@mousiegirl 

The bulge on that fawn is because it is growing and eating more.   

Deer do not breed year round; they breed in the fall of the year and the babies arrive by summer.   If you google deer rut 2021, "90% of adult whitetail deer will be in estrus and breed between November 5-20.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

@mousiegirl 

The bulge on that fawn is because it is growing and eating more.   

Deer do not breed year round; they breed in the fall of the year and the babies arrive by summer.   If you google deer rut 2021, "90% of adult whitetail deer will be in estrus and breed between November 5-20.   

@RedTop   Where did I say they breed year round, I did not say that.  I googled to find out when it was possible to breed, and THAT is what I posted. 

"The deer will mate from September to November, with the main breeding time occurring in October. The gestation period is seven and a half months long and fawning begins in late May and lasts through June."

Honored Contributor

Love the little group!  I would love to hug all of them!!!!Smiley Happy

Many thanks!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Respectfully I am aware of what you wrote, and my post was also only intended to be as informative as yours, not in any way argumentative.   

Rut times differ by time zones, as the amount of daylight is what sends the doe into estrus.   In WV, the 2021 rut is expected to be heaviest from mid to late October until mid November, during our archery season which runs till the end of December.   Our 2 week gun hunting season will start on Monday of Thanksgiving week.  

Any hard core hunter is going to be in the woods a lot, looking for rubs, and learning the daily feeding pattern of the deer during and after rut.  

We are watching a large herd of 49 deer in the hayfield in front of my house at daylight every morning for the last 2 weeks, which is a very strong sign of how heavy the deer population is in my county.  Landowners here do not appreciate having this many deer in one area.   

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Pic 1 - Doe looks lonely, maybe wanted to be by herself?

Pic 2 - Fawn is always adorable, so innocent.

Pic 3 - This would make a lovely picture in a home or office.  The Buck is the leader of the pack with all the others in the background.  It's a beautiful setting with them in the wildflowers.

I like your dedication to feeding animals.  Thank you for that.

Thank you for sharing.

Valued Contributor

Once again, the most beautiful stunning pictures!!  I want to hug that little fawn every time I see the picture!!   Heart

I totally agree with the last pic with the saying.  I have cats that I feed at my apt.complex down here.  I put out a container of food and make sure it's full at all times.  They're all so sweet and get along, taking turns.  There maybe are about 6 that come by at different times.  I can't stand seeing any animal hungry and they might've been dumped or left behind.  I know other people feed them too.  How people can be so cruel and leave their animals behind, I will never understand it!!