Honored Contributor

You have probably seen this, but it cracks me up every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3g01-qiWj8

Honored Contributor

I had not seen it before.  Very cute!  I appreciate it since my Dad is the only person I know who ever participated in the wild and wacky sport of curling!

Respected Contributor

Curling is the only sport I love to watch where I don't know one thing about the scoring, shot selection, strategy, etc. Don't have a clue how it is played! Yet, I still love to watch. I amaze my own self in this regard. Ha! 

Respected Contributor

"It's a thingy!  A fiendish thingy!"

(George Harrison, "Help!")

Regular Contributor

My daughter (an adult!) made a joke about shuffleboard with her mop!  She then put a photo up of her with her mop and puck and said she's working out for the next olympics.  LOL  I also saw a clip of a broom and a cat -- use your imagination!!

I love curling, and also don't have a clue about what it is.

Respected Contributor

That video is really fun.

If I remember correctly, Canada introduced curling to the Olympics in the 1980s.  Nobody gave it a chance.  But it seems to be really hot.

Honored Contributor

My daughter told me she likes to watch curling.Hers and your responses are funny in that she doesn't understand it either.

I said is that the shuffleboard thing?

Yes.

I always think that is the strangest thing to have in the olympics!

Like hey why don't we have shuffleboard next-we can most of us all join.

And I think I would rather watch paint dry lol!

I must be missing something. They stand around like they are concentrating on something but I have no idea what it is!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Even more strange than the sport of curling itself, is the fact that a Russian competitor felt the need to apparently take performance enhancing drugs in the sport. Seriously?????  Is there nothing they won't cheat at? Even a sport that the doping wouldn't aid?

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEMwrote:

That video is really fun.

If I remember correctly, Canada introduced curling to the Olympics in the 1980s.  Nobody gave it a chance.  But it seems to be really hot.

I didn't realize that Canada introduced it. It's a sport that originated in Scotland. The Scots have some interesting sports inventions: curling, caber throwing, and golf. Wonder why Scotland didn't introduce it. Perhaps they thought no one would take it seriously.

Valued Contributor

Though it originated in Scotland, I see no Scots fighting for the medal.  Hoot, man.