Regular Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Does this mean that I should not say that I think one model is very unattractive??  Ok.

@colliegirls Why would you WANT to say that one of the models is very unattractive on a public board at the place that she works? How can she help what God gave her to work with? That is a serious question.

that's a good question @cody2

Honored Contributor

I think there is a difference between saying a model is unattractive or that a host's hairstyle or makeup or way of dressing is ugly than perhaps criticizing a vendor for really offensive things that that vendor may have said or done.

Criticism is not always a bad thing here.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

Does this mean that I should not say that I think one model is very unattractive??  Ok.

@colliegirls Why would you WANT to say that one of the models is very unattractive on a public board at the place that she works? How can she help what God gave her to work with? That is a serious question.

that's a good question @cody2.

---------------------------------

I don't think any of the models are unattractive. However, I do think - quite often - that the way the models are styled is extremely unattractive!!! And, I can't imagine anyone wearing the clothing in that fashion.   I often wonder if there are no mirrors in the dressing rooms!! 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think there is a difference between saying a model is unattractive or that a host's hairstyle or makeup or way of dressing is ugly than perhaps criticizing a vendor for really offensive things that that vendor may have said or done.

I think you may have missed the frequent references to "Community Standards". Criticism here is at the discretion of the board monitors.

Something that is "really offensive" to you may be innocuous to someone else.

In my own opinion, saying someone is "ugly" or "unattractive" is just as offensive as many (not all) things said by vendors.

None of us get paid to be responsible for making those types of judgements.

Criticism is not always a bad thing, but if we are told constantly that it is not appropriate HERE, the choice becomes pretty clear.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think you may have missed the frequent references to "Community Standards". Criticism here is at the discretion of the board monitors.

Something that is "really offensive" to you may be innocuous to someone else.

In my own opinion, saying someone is "ugly" or "unattractive" is just as offensive as many (not all) things said by vendors.

None of us get paid to be responsible for making those types of judgements.

Criticism is not always a bad thing, but if we are told constantly that it is not appropriate HERE, the choice becomes pretty clear.

I think maybe you missed MY point.  I don't think it's appropriatre to call people ugly, unattractive, trolls, etc. etc. 

I was simply stating that if someone were to take exception to a particular vendor's comments or actions that the criticism of THAT I would find nothing wrong with.

Is it necessary on this board to never be "negative"?  Is that a board rule?

Honored Contributor

It's funny to me that some posters take such offense at anything negative being said about a host or a vendor but some of those same posters have no qualms about ripping into other posters, calling them names, insisting they are trolls, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It's funny to me that some posters take such offense at anything negative being said about a host or a vendor but some of those same posters have no qualms about ripping into other posters, calling them names, insisting they are trolls, etc. 

Ain't THAT the truth.

hahaha

Honored Contributor

Wasn't/Isn't there a song, something like:  'Everything is beautiful, in it's own way............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot- I think I understood your point but I'm not too sure you understood mine. 

My interpretation of board rules is that negative criticism of comments/actions made by anyone is always prohibited.

The grayish area for me is whether or not I can say something like-

"I take exception to the comment made by Harland V. Widgetseller when he said '-------------' ....." but on the other hand, I personally don't feel compelled to respond to Harland's disgraceful actions or comments HERE because I know that if he's really annoying me I can Google him and find someplace else where I can go after him without violating the standards of the QVC Community.

In general I THINK that if you are saying "I don't like....." you may be on safe ground, but once you swing into adjectives ".....hideous, ugly, revolting......" the rules are fairly precise.

Adjective slinging is always subjective, but "I like/dislike....." is expressing yourself and yourself alone.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@QueenDanceALot- I think I understood your point but I'm not too sure you understood mine. 

My interpretation of board rules is that negative criticism of comments/actions made by anyone is always prohibited.

The grayish area for me is whether or not I can say something like-

"I take exception to the comment made by Harland V. Widgetseller when he said '-------------' ....." but on the other hand, I personally don't feel compelled to respond to Harland's disgraceful actions or comments HERE because I know that if he's really annoying me I can Google him and find someplace else where I can go after him without violating the standards of the QVC Community.

In general I THINK that if you are saying "I don't like....." you may be on safe ground, but once you swing into adjectives ".....hideous, ugly, revolting......" the rules are fairly precise.

Adjective slinging is always subjective, but "I like/dislike....." is expressing yourself and yourself alone.

violann,

I see your point.  And I thank you for clarifying!

Oh, and I think you are most likely absolutely correct.