Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde 

What is "an old new member" please......

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@Moonchilde 

Nice try.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

@Moonchilde 

Nice try.

Okay, that made me laugh-But, I don't know what that means either-I'm asking because I genuinely don't understand-Is that a person who once was a member and came back or, is that a person who is one person using many different names-which I've seen mentioned here many times and attempted to figure out since I've been posting here-

My question is sincere-

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

@Moonchilde 

Nice try.

Okay, that made me laugh-But, I don't know what that means either-I'm asking because I genuinely don't understand-Is that a person who once was a member and came back or, is that a person who is one person using many different names-which I've seen mentioned here many times and attempted to figure out since I've been posting here-

My question is sincere-

It is both, or any combination thereof.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @Moonchilde

I've read posts referring to "multiple nics" when I've been posting and wondered if they were speaking about me-It's very uncomfortable for a newcomer frankly-

I've wondered if I was having a conversation with five different individuals, or one with  multiple accounts because of the insinuations-

I don't understand why posters can't just tell someone they aren't posting to different individuals so we don't waste our time, and look foolish doing it.  LOL...

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

Do you think that we could all abstain from making critical comments about the hosts and vendors?

I am so sick and tired of seeing the nit-picking remarks about those who are just doing their respective jobs.

The products are fair game, but, please, let's give the personal attacks a rest.

Petty attacks, yes maybe. But to offer up constructive criticism about hosts and vendors (say, things like...... hosts/vendors saying ummm all the time, or talking so fast it is hard to understand, or talking over a vendor until you can't understand what either is saying, or suggesting a host describe the product more thoroughly, or complain about a host that spends more time with personal stories and input rather than product description etc) is something within our 'rights' as customers.

We tune in to consider purchases. If we aren't seeing things in a fashion that makes it easy to understand the product, or makes us interested/excited about it, the company, and the host should know our feelings.

Honestly, whatever people think is going to happen when they post such criticisms, I have a hard time believing that the moderators or anyone else from QVC are combing the threads to determine what a few posters don't like about a host's presentation.

The number of people who post on the forums is a very small percentage of QVC customers, and the number of posters who consistently complain about certain hosts is even smaller - a drop in the bucket, number and statistics-wise, to QVC - UNLESS a *significant* drop in sales occurs when these hosts are on-air, *consistently.*

Considering that the same hosts are still with QVC that the same posters have been saying the same things about for months or years, I'd say their sales have been healthy enough to keep - which is all QVC really cares about.

@Moonchilde

Usually QVC maintains the status quo regarding their financial report discussions and express their happiness with the results, but not this time.. Both the CEO and Top Executives have made comments regarding the decline in sales.....and one was hedging on additional questions regarding specific lines in trouble...No, I don't think that sales are too healthy from reading the report and the remarks by the Q's Top Execs.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Does this mean that I should not say that I think one model is very unattractive??  Ok.

Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Does this mean that I should not say that I think one model is very unattractive??  Ok.

@colliegirls~~~I guess not....it must mean our posts should be filled with sunshine, butterflies,and all things wonderful. This is going to be a tough assignment for us tell it like it is girls!  

That doesn't mean by a long shot that those tell it like it is posts have to be mean...they are just heartfelt opinions. I don't see any poster post purposeful, mean, baiting posts except one. 

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@colliegirls Why would you WANT to say that one of the models is very unattractive on a public board at the place that she works? How can she help what God gave her to work with? That is a serious question.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

Do you think that we could all abstain from making critical comments about the hosts and vendors?

I am so sick and tired of seeing the nit-picking remarks about those who are just doing their respective jobs.

The products are fair game, but, please, let's give the personal attacks a rest.

Petty attacks, yes maybe. But to offer up constructive criticism about hosts and vendors (say, things like...... hosts/vendors saying ummm all the time, or talking so fast it is hard to understand, or talking over a vendor until you can't understand what either is saying, or suggesting a host describe the product more thoroughly, or complain about a host that spends more time with personal stories and input rather than product description etc) is something within our 'rights' as customers.

We tune in to consider purchases. If we aren't seeing things in a fashion that makes it easy to understand the product, or makes us interested/excited about it, the company, and the host should know our feelings.

Honestly, whatever people think is going to happen when they post such criticisms, I have a hard time believing that the moderators or anyone else from QVC are combing the threads to determine what a few posters don't like about a host's presentation.

The number of people who post on the forums is a very small percentage of QVC customers, and the number of posters who consistently complain about certain hosts is even smaller - a drop in the bucket, number and statistics-wise, to QVC - UNLESS a *significant* drop in sales occurs when these hosts are on-air, *consistently.*

Considering that the same hosts are still with QVC that the same posters have been saying the same things about for months or years, I'd say their sales have been healthy enough to keep - which is all QVC really cares about.

@Moonchilde

Usually QVC maintains the status quo regarding their financial report discussions and express their happiness with the results, but not this time.. Both the CEO and Top Executives have made comments regarding the decline in sales.....and one was hedging on additional questions regarding specific lines in trouble...No, I don't think that sales are too healthy from reading the report and the remarks by the Q's Top Execs.........

@Spurt,  my comments were restricted to the topic as to whether "annoying/bad hosts" were looked at under a microscope as far as their sales figures, and whether their individual sales figures affect QVC's bottom line.

Like most major retailers, QVC's revenues are down - most likely for the same reasons the revenues of the other retailers are down, including making some bad purchase decisions.

IF, and it's a big IF, there are personnel issues at play at all (and I'm not convinced there are), then it's my feeling that it's a result of the CEO of the company forcing every host to behave like they're hawking from pushcarts on the Lower East Side 100 years ago. For some of the newer hosts, we don't know what their personalities REALLY are, because since the day they started they've had to push-push-push like perhaps very different people than they are. That's a QVC management error I don't blame on the hosts.