Respected Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

Do you think that we could all abstain from making critical comments about the hosts and vendors?

I am so sick and tired of seeing the nit-picking remarks about those who are just doing their respective jobs.

The products are fair game, but, please, let's give the personal attacks a rest.

Oh no, i guess that will be next to go.  Why even have a forum at this point.  It's getting too restrictive.  Not saying you have to mean or rude, but I don't see why we can't make comments on this subject since viewers are the ones watching.

Super Contributor

I doubt if the highly paid hosts read these forums .... for us peons, it's a way to vent.

Without naming names, three hosts on the "set" were all talking at the same time.  These types of irritants are what "we in TV land" are hoping the QVC Execs read.   That's all.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@coco14 wrote:

Do you think that we could all abstain from making critical comments about the hosts and vendors?

I am so sick and tired of seeing the nit-picking remarks about those who are just doing their respective jobs.

The products are fair game, but, please, let's give the personal attacks a rest.

Oh no, i guess that will be next to go.  Why even have a forum at this point.  It's getting too restrictive.  Not saying you have to mean or rude, but I don't see why we can't make comments on this subject since viewers are the ones watching.

Why is it necessary? You have a thread right now about MB WHISPERING!!

Is breathing next?

What purpose does it serve but to only make one feel better about themselves somehow by picking on someone else who has no REAL bearing in your life??

Trusted Contributor

I don't know why anyone even bothers to respond to such posters.  I think the key is to just ignore them.  Why stoop to their level? 

Honored Contributor

I had a post going that I deleted, because I cannot say (I think most of us cannot say) that we have never ever said a single unkind thing about a host or vendor; I have.

But for me it's relatively rare, as whatever I might *think*, I do try not to say it here, because there's no POINT except to be **tchy. Can't say I NEVER have, I'm neither that perfect nor that "kind."

I certainly don't make a daily or weekly habit of it, like some for whom it must actually be their entertainment. Maybe they start so many threads because the moderators poof so many and the "joy" is too short-lived?

I read the itsy-bitsy nit-picky ones, and the OTT down & dirty nasty ones, and think how unfortunate for that person's friends or family, because I'm sure they are happy to critique everyone they know that way. The one lady in the small town that everyone avoids because just crossing her path will get you --tch-slapped.

We all have opinions. We don't all have to make all of them public all the time just because we "can."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

I don't know why anyone even bothers to respond to such posters.  I think the key is to just ignore them.  Why stoop to their level? 

This is an excellent suggestion.

Honored Contributor

I've never even been tempted to tell off a host or vendor but there is one QVC person I'd like to tell off.  I've seen others comment on the same person also for the same reasons.

Biting my tongue...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

This is an excellent suggestion.

It's not always all about simply not responding, though. If someone starts a really ridiculous unpleasantly critical thread and no one posts in it, the ugly words are still there for all to see, and they should not be because they invariably violate forum Standards. The posts need to be gone. If no one responds at all in any way, the greater the likelihood the ugliness will stay visible for quite a while.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I can see it both ways.  I don't see why people criticize hosts so much.  At the same time, I agree with the poster who asked "Why have a forum, then?"  I'm sure the hosts develop a thick skin after a while.  Heck, I'm not even on TV and I've developed a hide as thick as the earth's core.

@Moonchilde  You are not only among the brainiacs of the board, but you are also acerbic.  We rely on you for that, and don't you forget it.  I can't say whether you've criticized the hosts, but you have let the sarcasm and less-than-sweet analysis fly from time to time.  We rely on you for your non-cuddly commentary.  How on God's green earth did Laid-Back California produce someone such as yourself?  I proclaim you an Honorary Yankee!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  Can a thread be 'reported on' without responding to it?