Respected Contributor

Just got my Mastercard statement and there was $1884 in fraudulent charges, half from Spectrum cable and half from Comcast cable. I don't have accounts with either. I've had the occasional problem over the years but nothing like this.

I notified my bank. They told me there is already $535 in fraudulent charges on my next statement. I'm surprised I didn't receive an alert.

Keeping you all informed.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    They are presumably sending you a new credit card?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I check my credit card every day.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Yes, they quickly closed the account and will not accept any charges from Spectrum or Comcast on the new account.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

I check my credit card every day.

Me too.  And my bank account.

Super Contributor

I also set up Alerts for any charge over a certain amount....I had one fraudulent charge last year and they notified me right away and was taken care of shortly there after..

Respected Contributor

Re: Credit Card Fraud

[ Edited ]

Today I received a letter stating all my medical info & the CC on file had been ransomwared...the company is so sorry & included a list of things I need to do to protect myself from their mistake. Just Flipping Wonderful! When are companies going to be required to do more than say sorry & pay a fine to each customer that gets screwed over, I'm fed up with this bs.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3    Insteresting that you were not notified.  I have set up notifications for purchases over 300.00.  Sorry for all the fraud charges, some people are just awful.  My card was also haced a few years ago what a pain especially for any charges that are on auto pay, like cable, sirus radio, etc

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51    I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet.  Just wait until the Russians get really POed at us and start hacking everything in sight.  In Albuquerque, they've recently shut down both the school district and county government.  As soon as safeguards are put in place, they figure out how to circumvent them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You are the one with the fraudulent charges, probably because someone had your card and your identifying information and they have Cable in your name.  I assume your bank canceled that card and is issuing you a new card and I assume you called Comcast to report the fraud to them.