Respected Contributor

Craft I Have Rediscovered Since Lockdown

Knitting!  Well if you can call it that.  Here is list of my achievements :

1/2 a hat - dog ate yarn so still trying to tie it back into knittable strands.  DH comment will work good for someone with half a head.

Sweater - by mistake and due to unsurmountable stress here - knitted 2 backs - DH comment works  for someone  with either no neck or long neck.

Baby blankets x 2 beautifully done very successful.  DH comment great one - knew you could do it.

Lace shawl - think this is the way pattern should look - few larger than life Lacey 'holes' but on the whole looks o.k.  DH comment - blyme! - which can mean good or bad!

Multi colour cowl which I love.   DH nary a word from himself!

Present task striped, patterned sweater for me which I love now having fight to get sleeves inserted - still battling more to come....DH comment easier to order sweater from Q!

There you have it my lockdown entertainment - hit me Ladies with all your successes during this period.

Honored Contributor

Re: Craft I Have Rediscovered Since Lockdown

@dulwich wrote:

1/2 a hat - dog ate yarn so still trying to tie it back into knittable strands.  DH comment will work good for someone with half a head.

Sweater - by mistake and due to unsurmountable stress here - knitted 2 backs - DH comment works  for someone  with either no neck or long neck.

Baby blankets x 2 beautifully done very successful.  DH comment great one - knew you could do it.

Lace shawl - think this is the way pattern should look - few larger than life Lacey 'holes' but on the whole looks o.k.  DH comment - blyme! - which can mean good or bad!

Present task striped, patterned sweater for me which I love now having fight to get sleeves inserted - still battling more to come....DH comment easier to order sweater from Q!

There you have it my lockdown entertainment - hit me Ladies with all your successes during this period.

Miserable fail with an *art* project I started before the pandemic hit.  Spent well over $2K dollars on supplies for it.  

Stared at it and started at it for about a month and then realized it was taking up my dining room table.  Packed it up nicely and put it away.  Till 2 weeks ago.

Brought it all out again and have been staring at it for days.  Don't know where to start.

Grandson (4 yo) came over on Wednesday.  Never saw this fiasco before.....showed me what to do with it.  I'm on a roll!

So now the saying is....through the eyes of babes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are much more amibitous than I am @dulwich.  I'm enjoying several knitting and rug hooking YouTube videos.  I have made numerous scarves and cowls and am getting ready to try a hat.

It's very relaxing.  I'm quite sure my blood pressure reflects thatSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I learned how to knit some yrs ago when I had a health issue and well I could not drive very far but I could go to lessons at the knitting shop.

I began with a sleevless ribbon tneck. I made my father a few sweaters and scarves and hats. I think I made everyone in my family a few things. Made one of my sisters a ribbon dress that she wore to a wedding and a few other events.

In the last yr I have done scarves and throws.

I decided to knit myself a cable sweater. I have made sweaters of all kinds but I wanted this particular style and with Irish wool I ordered from Ireland. About half finished as I am onto the first arm. Just need to find some nice buttons.

I will say it is something that has calmed me down some.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm   I love your project!  When my knitting goes awry I hide it under cushion and pretend it's nit there but then, like you, out it comes.

My 4 y.o. Grandson and I are starting new project next week - stone painting - I am assembling paints, etc., while he is gathering stones!  He has a passion for rocks.

Glad your project is now a go!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Lucky Charm   I love your project!  When my knitting goes awry I hide it under cushion and pretend it's nit there but then, like you, out it comes.

My 4 y.o. Grandson and I are starting new project next week - stone painting - I am assembling paints, etc., while he is gathering stones!  He has a passion for rocks.

Our grandchildren have loved painting stones.  And the excitement of *placing* them here and there.  We love finding them, too!  Such treasures.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm   'Treasures' are the exact words he calls his stones!   His pockets are weighed down with them.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Lucky Charm   'Treasures' are the exact words he calls his stones!   His pockets are weighed down with them.

Sounds like my grandchildren with the seashells in their pockets.  Sometimes I have to walk to the bay to drop off shells that still have *inhabitants* in them, before I start a load of wash.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@dulwich  oh my goodness. When i lived in Florida, I took my 4 year old nephew for his checkup. Leaving the Dr's office he picked up a rock and when we got home I gave him some pain and helped him paint the ROCK. He is now 29 years old and he still has the ROCK. This Rock is named Dewayne and he takes it with him everywhere. My nephew has a Masters in Psychology and what ever he is doing takes 12 years.  Dewayne goes to his internship. Everybody loves Dewayne. He celebrates Dewayne's birthday every year and puts his picture on his FB page. Everybody knows Dewayne. He sits on the counter and looks at everybody. We even buy balloons for Dewayne the Rock. I told him he's in the right profession. Dewayne the Rock is bright and colorful.  Dewayne is about 5x4 inches. He's family.

Hope no one here knows Dewayne or can identify Dewayne. I won't post Dewayne's last name or where he lives lol.

I know that this Thread is about now but @dulwich  watch out lol

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@dulwich. I'm surprised you are still with DH! 🤣

I think his sweater comment means you can buy a new LOGO cardi.😁