Respected Contributor

Re: Covid Registration Question

@Kalli wrote:

@Allegheny , @KailaS , I live in Central PA.  We just got our first shot, dh and I, last week at a Medical Center a short drive from where I live.  I'm wondering if you would be able to get a shot here?  Here's why I think it might be worth a try: My sis flew here from the west coast last Feb to help with our 92 yr old dad.  He passed from Covid in July.  She has been afraid to fly home for fear of getting the virus and then also spreading it to her husband.  She called the Med Center, explained her situation, and they're allowing her to get the vaccine here.  

If they will allow that, depending on how far of a drive it would be for you, it might be worth a try.  Personally, I feel bad that I already got my first shot when I hear of a 93 yr old not being able to get one.  I don't feel that's fair or right!

@Kalli Thank you so much for thinking of us!  I am thinking you are out near the Harrisburg area.  I will mention it to DH.  Seems certain parts of PA it is easier to schedule.    Still hoping to get an appointment closer but we will do what we have to do.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I’m registered everywhere including the state in N NJ. I’m willing to travel 50 miles but no vaccine to be had. When I do find appointments they are limited to a particular county. There are too many categories in 1A and not enough vaccine. Sometimes it’s who you know and many have been vaccinated who are not in 1A....so I’m pretty disgusted right now
Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker 

I too have my appointment for my vaccine. It was sent to my email, and like your situation, my wife is younger. I personally would not want hers sent to me, or mine to her. 

For me I think @FrostyBabe1  gave the best response to your post. My motto has always been: "if in doubt, go directly to the source". It may take more of your time, but to me it is more valuable than opinions. Just sayin,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I’m registered everywhere including the state in N NJ. I’m willing to travel 50 miles but no vaccine to be had. When I do find appointments they are limited to a particular county. There are too many categories in 1A and not enough vaccine. Sometimes it’s who you know and many have been vaccinated who are not in 1A....so I’m pretty disgusted right now

@Stray me and my husband are in the same boat and he is at the point of just not wanting one now.  Too fearful as some are dying and being written off as from old age would have died eventually anyway. 

Respected Contributor

I live in NC and a week after I registered myself, I had to register my DS and her hubby also...with the same email address.  When we went for our first shots, the email address didn't come into question so I would say not an issue in my area.

Esteemed Contributor

@agb80 - I’m with your husband, pretty disgusted. I’ve been locked up since March. I go to all the sites a few times a day and no appointments. Then I hear young adults get the vaccine who have connections. Local hospitals are giving priority doses to board members or donors. The 1A category should never have been opened to so many and we’d have been better served if the state went with CDC guidelines. My nail technician was offered an appointment by her client. She graciously refused stating older and sick people need the vaccine. They say it was to be equitable distribution but it isn’t. I found a site that had many appointments and they’ve been open for days now in Paterson but limited to Passaic County. I went on to read about the site and they’ve had long lines and problems with registration so I’m not going to go and wait on line only to be told no vaccine and it defeats the purpose of getting it safely. Disgusted in NJ!