Respected Contributor

Re: Covid Registration Question

@CelticCrafter  may I ask how you got the appointment in New Jersey. Did you register on the state site and they sent you the link for an appointment or did another site on which you registered send you a link?  From what I can find, no one is taking phone calls to schedule.  I'm registered on the state and two others. I'm not over 65, so maybe they haven't gotten to the "underlying conditions" yet, but I did get my email from the state that it's my turn and they'd send me a link.  Patience I guess.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

@CelticCrafter  may I ask how you got the appointment in New Jersey. Did you register on the state site and they sent you the link for an appointment or did another site on which you registered send you a link?  From what I can find, no one is taking phone calls to schedule.  I'm registered on the state and two others. I'm not over 65, so maybe they haven't gotten to the "underlying conditions" yet, but I did get my email from the state that it's my turn and they'd send me a link.  Patience I guess.

@VanSleepy we registered directly on the RWJBH . org  site.  Click on the blue banner across the top of the page. 

It took about 10 days for us to hear from them, they will get to you.

We went to the mega site at the convention center in Edison.  I can't say enough about how well the location was run.  They said an hour from in the door to out the door and they were right. 

Honored Contributor

It has really been bothering me that people from bordering states are coming to Georgia- because of family here- to get their shots- plus several people on tv have said they have made several appointments to see which one comes up first.  Hmm  just my opinion (and please don't rip me a new one or correct me, I don't need another Mother) but that doesn't seem very fair to those here in Georgia that can't get an appointment.

What a cluster all of this has been..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

It has really been bothering me that people from bordering states are coming to Georgia- because of family here- to get their shots- plus several people on tv have said they have made several appointments to see which one comes up first.  Hmm  just my opinion (and please don't rip me a new one or correct me, I don't need another Mother) but that doesn't seem very fair to those here in Georgia that can't get an appointment.

What a cluster all of this has been..  

@Suziepeach  I think that happens to anyone who lives on a border state. I can walk to another state from my house. It happens.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter thank you. I also registered at RWJ website and was hoping to be able to go to Edison.
Honored Contributor

We go through mychart...both DH and I have seperate accounts with my chart.

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I have no idea how to answer your question, but I would be happy if I could register. We have no available vaccine in my area of PA. My 94 year ols mother cannot get registered yet, and at 73, with cancer and diabetes, I have been trying to get signed up for both of us. We get messages such as "The vaccine is coming" but our doctors are saying perhaps by early summer we will be able to get scheduled. So, I am trying to practice patience.

@KailaS  Have faith. I'm in Michigan and as of a few weeks ago us getting the vaccine was pretty slim. We were being told that whats being delivered to our state was hugely diminished than what was ordered. Well, we did register 2 weeks ago and got our call last Monday and Thursday we had our first shot. I'm sure you'll be hearing something very soon!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

I have no idea how to answer your question, but I would be happy if I could register. We have no available vaccine in my area of PA. My 94 year ols mother cannot get registered yet, and at 73, with cancer and diabetes, I have been trying to get signed up for both of us. We get messages such as "The vaccine is coming" but our doctors are saying perhaps by early summer we will be able to get scheduled. So, I am trying to practice patience.

Don't know what is going on in Pennsylvania. We are 1A and we aren't even attempting to get the vaccine yet. Our Doctor's office is giving out the shots but they called us almost 2 weeks ago and said do not call the office. They are going to call us when the vaccine becomes available.

My son is an essential worker, living in PA, and he got his first shot of the vaccine on January 21.

And both sister-in-laws and family (TX and GA)  got their shots and are getting their second shots next week.  

I am in PA.  DH and I are 1A due to age and some medical conditions.  There are alot of people included in the 1A category in PA.  Parts of PA are a complete mess as far as ease to register/schedule the vaccine.  The hospitals in our surrounding counties are restricting their vaccinations to health care profession workers only.  Individual physician offices are not giving the vaccine; big chain pharmacies are the ones scheduling for most vaccines.  There are also some groups; that somehow are working with pharmacies to get vaccines. (There are groups such as our county parks, administration; police and county park workers.  To me its jumping the system.).

Excuse length of my post.  We are just so frustrated here.  Including ourselves, we have 5 other family members trying to get us scheduled.

Trusted Contributor

We've given up trying.  This year both of us are scheduled for our yearly doctor appts and hoping our physican has a vaccine to administer to us at that time. 

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny , @KailaS , I live in Central PA.  We just got our first shot, dh and I, last week at a Medical Center a short drive from where I live.  I'm wondering if you would be able to get a shot here?  Here's why I think it might be worth a try: My sis flew here from the west coast last Feb to help with our 92 yr old dad.  He passed from Covid in July.  She has been afraid to fly home for fear of getting the virus and then also spreading it to her husband.  She called the Med Center, explained her situation, and they're allowing her to get the vaccine here.  

If they will allow that, depending on how far of a drive it would be for you, it might be worth a try.  Personally, I feel bad that I already got my first shot when I hear of a 93 yr old not being able to get one.  I don't feel that's fair or right!