Esteemed Contributor

Re: Counterfeit laundry detergent

@stazgirl wrote:

Just one question...WHY?   I mean, of all the things to counterfit, why laundry soap ?  It is not like it is SOOOO expensive that a counterfit would be that much cheaper (I would think)

@stazgirl

Saw this on the news this morning. They said that it is very profitable and you don't face the serious charges that you would for something like selling drugs. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I don't mean to laugh - but I can't imagine buying laundry Detergent from the back of a truck or the trunk of someone's car 

Counterfeit products are a very serious issue.   Thanks for this thread 

....or at flea market or from Craig's list .....the place one would expect to find counterfeit products. 

Honored Contributor

I've never seen laundry detergent sold anywhere other than a market or Target type of store.  And I've never bought anything out of the back of a truck.  Where do these sales take place?

Trusted Contributor

Well now a days they make so much  counterfeit clothing,purses and anything else you can think of to buy. So now we have a knock off Tide to wash the counterfeit goods in. Boy China is making a fortune!  Rub a Dub Dub!

Respected Contributor

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "money laundering"  LOL!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing this @butterfly123!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

It IS odd .... I understand small lightweight things being counterfitted .... vitamins, handbags, belts. watches, jewelry, etc etc.    

However, a 5 gallon tub of Fake Tide has to weigh ... what? .... about 10 pounds?   Try lugging a few dozen of those around to the local flea market.   Sheesh!