Honored Contributor

Counterfeit laundry detergent

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Counterfeit laundry detergent

Oh my goodness!  Who would have thought?  (rhetorical question)

I can't use Tide, or even be in a 'Tide household' because it makes me very sick.  But it's probably one of the most popular brands so I guess it makes sense that anybody who is going to counterfeit would choose it.

At any rate, this is very wrong so I hope that it is stopped.  You can't just use another company's name and logo, etc, to say that your product is theirs.

Honored Contributor

Where is the counterfeit Tide being sold?

Honored Contributor

OMGoodness.......Just this morning a friend and I had just parked in front of a store............And 'low and behold', we got out of our car, and both of us almost choked on the slight breeze that was filled with laundry detergent and dryer sheets odor........And guess what!  The laundromat is two blocks away, up a slight hill.   (p.s. My friend isn't a type of 'sensitive-to-scents' person, so the odors must have been very strong.  ............ Anyway, who knows what ingredients are in the counterfeit version. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Where is the counterfeit Tide being sold?

I saw one on the bay for 80.

Respected Contributor

I've seen them at flea markets.

Honored Contributor

Online sites, outdoor markets, people setting up small stores. Anywhere they can find to sell the product. 

However, as noted Proctor and Gamble do not sell their products in the large buckets.

Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

They are also sold out of vans, pick-up trucks and storage lockers.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

OMGoodness.......Just this morning a friend and I had just parked in front of a store............And 'low and behold', we got out of our car, and both of us almost choked on the slight breeze that was filled with laundry detergent and dryer sheets odor........And guess what!  The laundromat is two blocks away, up a slight hill.   (p.s. My friend isn't a type of 'sensitive-to-scents' person, so the odors must have been very strong.  ............ Anyway, who knows what ingredients are in the counterfeit version. 

@ROMARY    My next door neighbor has his outside dryer vent aimed right at my living room window...................  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

What isn't there a counterfeit of???  Just glad we're catching the

fake make...