Honored Contributor

We have always started threads when a poster hasn't been around.

I started one last week about halfpint1 and everyone posted nicely.

Next thing I knew the thread was closed for "speculation".

Now we have one for cherry which is fine; I haven't posted on it until I hear otherwise.

So can somebody tell me why one thread is not ok but another one is??

*This thread will be closed for challenging moderation*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3,  I did not read the entire thread, it was gone before I could get back to it but I will venture a guess that the speculation had to do with Halfpint's mental health.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Cakers3,  I did not read the entire thread, it was gone before I could get back to it but I will venture a guess that the speculation had to do with Halfpint's mental health.

@Marp   I didn't see the last post; I came back later and found the thread closed.

If that had been the case, then the post itself should have been removed.

This isn't the first time there has been inconsistency with threads started out of concern.

I cannot prove one way or another  why it was shut down but I read it as shut down for speculating overall.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3   I read that thread in its entirety before it was deleted.  Someone speculated in great detail about why she wasn't posting.  I guess the moderators felt others would chime in and post the same thing.  It wasn't deleted because you started the thread.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
Perhaps to avoid challenging moderation and also restarting a closed thread you could have simply emailed the mods directly asking for an explanation. Unless of course you did in fact want to start the discussion up again.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Cakers3   I read that thread in its entirety before it was deleted.  Someone speculated in great detail about why she wasn't posting.  I guess the moderators felt others would chime in and post the same thing.  It wasn't deleted because you started the thread.

@NickNack   Thank you.  I read all the posts except for that last one, which was closed for speculation.  I understand.

I just didn't understand why the whole thread had to be shut down but I'll just leave it now that I and others hope all is well with her.

Thank you again.