Super Contributor

I just found out something and I don't know what to do, I'm also extremely pieved to but it midly.  Well one of my co- workers (I was out of work yesterday with cold symptons working today) anyway YESTERDAY she comes out with my FIL which she and her husband live in the same house was in the nursing home here in Kirkland a week prior to the new breaking of the viruse spreading, she herself or her husband have had no signs of illness the FIL has been sick twice sense I don't know what kind of sickness, an is back in the nursing home (same one) again now. I'm just so livid that she just NOW lets us know all this. I don't know if I should get tested or what guess  I'll call the hotline I am at work today. Experenicng cold symptons no high fever, mild cough, sniffles and some chills, fell well enough to work, but a bit worried now. To boot the co-worker is having a hernea sugrey today  I would assume they would test her for the virus. She would I think have to come clean to the fact she's shared a home with a sick FIL who was in the nursing home. 

Respected Contributor

@WestshopperI know you must be upset, but you may want to re-type this. I have no idea what you are trying to say.  Does your co-worker live with YOUR father in law?  Very confusing post.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of people are sick this time of year.  Colds, flu etc why the panic.  If you fell sick stay home or go to the doctor.  Your answer will not be found on a shopping channel message board.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I would call the hospital and tell them what you know in case she does not mention to them that she could be contagious.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people are not going to act responsibly. A man who was quarantined for 14 days broke that quarantine to take his daughter to a father-daughter dance.. A woman on a plane where flight attendants were taking passengers' temps became impatient and purposely coughed on an attendant. On an Australian train, a woman who was chastised for coughing on her hands purposely coughed in the face of the man who criticized her. This is the kind of idiocy that needs to be taken into account when assessing risks.

Honored Contributor

If you feel like you have a mild case of anything, treat it at home like you would any cold. Only you know how sick you feel. I'm really hoping you turn the corner and start getting better without it being this new virus.

Honored Contributor

You have cold symptoms, but are at work?  Isn't that the same thing she did?  Call your doctor and ask him/her if they think you should come in.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

You have cold symptoms, but are at work?  Isn't that the same thing she did?  Call your doctor and ask him/her if they think you should come in.

No her co-worker and husband are fine.  Apparently they were in contact with someone who may have come in contact with the virus. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

OP You are letting yourself go into panic mode. Don't. You have a cold, plain and simple. None of your symptoms sound like what the authorities are saying. IMO I have quit watching any of the news. They are insanely blowing this all out of proportion! I refuse to be their puppet. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I do not understand the op's, post.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.