Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I very much enjoyed watching the coronation,  from various perspectives. 

The history, the spectacle, the entertainment value.  Sure, I think some of the pageantry was a bit over-the-top,  but I appreciated learning about some of the longstanding traditions and seeing the various dignitaries and royals from around the globe. 

As for the cost, as a non-British taxpayer, I think it's none of my concern.  I suspect very few British citizens are overwrought as to how my tax dollars are spent here.

I too watched and enjoyed all aspects of the coronation. My parents ingrained in us at a very early age to pay attention to all things historical, so I have and do. 

I don't tell other people or countries how to spend their money and doubt they care much about if some think they spent too much, went a little over the top,etc. 

Having said that, I wonder how much anguish the Brits go through every four years thinking about how much is spent on inaugarations? 

It adds up~~~

Respected Contributor

The coronation in Westminter Abbey was a religious ceremony steeped in history and tradition the Brits take it very seriously. They adore their royal family and the media makes its living off the never-ending drama that they create, print, and publish about them. The Royal Family is what keeps tourism alive in the UK, so they do contribute to its economy in that way.  There are lots of anglophiles who can't get enough of the royals....perhaps some dream of having the pampered and wealthy lifestyle....with everything that comes with it, it is a real turn-off for me! Parliament is responsible for the government in the UK...and they need to address the poverty issue. 

Honored Contributor

In a poll that ran from 7am on Monday, May 8, to 1pm on Wednesday, May 10, Express.co.uk asked readers: “Who was your favourite royal during the Coronation weekend?”

A total of 17,828 readers made their selection, the Spare protagonist winning with a landslide 11,761 votes – more than everyone else combined taking home 65 percent of the total.

His Majesty, meanwhile, received just 790 votes, putting him in fourth place behind the Princess of Wales (1,752) in second and Prince William in third (1,571). Despite also being crowned alongside her husband, Queen Camilla took eighth place with the vote of just 160 respondents.

Prince Harry crowned Coronation favourite

Results of the poll of Express.co.uk readers asking readers who their favourite royal of the Coronation weekend was.

Poll results.
MISSING: summary MISSING: current-rows.Royal Votes SharePrince HarryKate, Princess of WalesPrince WilliamKing Charles IIIPrincess CharlottePrince LouisPrincess AnneQueen CamillaPrince GeorgeJames, Earl of Wessex
66%
10%
9%
4%
3%
2%
2%
1%
1%
1%

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Amazing, considering this poll only had 17,828 responses.  Small response and certainly not a majority.  Does not surprise me of the small amount of support for Harry.

Trusted Contributor
Wonder if Kate and William would diminish one of their children at their coronation. Something tells me no matter what ALL their children will be included. Rehardless of their status as a working or non working royal.
Respected Contributor

Diminished them?  They would if one of them trashed the family in a book and interviews for millions and millions of dollars. Yeah, real upstanding guy Harry is. 

Respected Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:
Wonder if Kate and William would diminish one of their children at their coronation. Something tells me no matter what ALL their children will be included. Rehardless of their status as a working or non working royal.

The real question is how Meghan would react in the future if one or both of her children decides to cash in on trashing her.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime  "Amazing, considering this poll only had 17,828 responses.  Small response and certainly not a majority.  Does not surprise me of the small amount of support for Harry."

Figures lie and liars figure.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Somertime  "Amazing, considering this poll only had 17,828 responses.  Small response and certainly not a majority.  Does not surprise me of the small amount of support for Harry."

Figures lie and liars figure.

I am confused, I have been told not to read the tabloids but is that not what the Express is?  I read the article and a poll of their readers of 17,000 + over the millions who attended and watched is like a grain of sand on the beach.    

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 

The tabloids are trash when they criticize H and M.  They are reliable sources when they say something favorable about H and M.